Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    New Mars Pic

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mars Pic
 Login/Join

posted
Here's a newly released photo of the surface of Mars.
Is it just me, or do those hills in the distance look... well, blue?

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue, yes. And look at those dead sea bottoms. And WAAAAAYYYY off in the distance: Sam Parkhill's hotdog stand!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not exactly blue.
It's more green...
Is it...the outskirts of Green Town?
And are those...trolley tracks in that crater?

Posts: 43 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have talked about postage stamps in honor of Ray. Phil has mentioned a library should be named for him. Imagine the joy of driving along a pleasant suburban lane and spotting a beautifully designed sign in front of "Ray Bradbury Elementary School"!

But I think a powerful honor someday shall truly come -- and somewhere Ray will smile -- when a permanent settlement on the Red Planet chooses to christen itself -- "Bradbury Town"!

Posts: 43 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Blue, yes. And look at those dead sea bottoms. And WAAAAAYYYY off in the distance: Sam Parkhill's hotdog stand!

Good eye, Phil! I guess NASA forgot to photoshop this one! Wink

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scroll down to the final letter dated May 17, 1950!!!!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011...rers-broke-my-heart/

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Scroll down to the final letter dated May 17, 1950!!!!...

Excellent find, fjp! This guy had clearly read the 1948 issue of THRILLING WONDER STORIES which contained the first appearance of RB's "The Off Season".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post