Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The OTHER Bradbury Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The OTHER Bradbury Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
Have any of you blokes or blokettes read "The Bradbury Chronicles - Stories In Honor Of Ray Bradbury" ?
I jus finished it and really enjoyed it. It's a 1991 collection of 22 short tories by, among others, Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Charles Beaumont, Norman Corwin (!), and the editor William F. Nolan. His (Nolan's) story will be chucklingly appreciated by Bradbury fans.
Most of the stories are inspired by Bradbury ones; some offered as imaginative "sequels".
Mr. B gets the last word with a very interesting "Afterword: Fifty Years, Fifty Friends".
I don't know if Mr. Weller used any of the authors or the afterword as resources in his book, as I have yet to read it. I hope I'll get it as a Fathers' Day gift!
Anyway, this one's definitely worth reading, especially by those of us who love Bradbury's work.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I read that book, which contains some great stories.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, the other Bradbury Chronicles. I thought you meant the other other Bradbury Chronicles, which was a short literary study of Bradbury works, written by George Edgar Slusser!

Some titles are apparently too obvious to resist!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II, hope you got your Father's Day wish!!

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. I'll have to go out and buy it.
I did receive some nice things, though, including some stinky cheese, a fine cigar, and even my 5-year-old grandson's attempt at a drawing of Wallace & Gromit's spaceship!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could the cheese have been Limburger?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheese was Pont Leveque. Very good with Jacob's Cream Crackers, but my favourite is Stilton!

posted Hide Post
Braling II: Check out this link: http://www.catchaway.com/Gallery_Entry/index.htm
Fellow pictured at the far right, top row, is Bruce Francis, who wrote 'The Inheritance" in William Nolan's "The Bradbury Chronicles"

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool! Thanks, NK!

posted Hide Post
Nard, it was great to see that picture of Bruce, Nik and all.

Smiler Zana B

Posts: 12 | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Zana. I miss those guys. That photo was taken over Nik's house. Your dad had been signing posters all day...posters that were printed right there in front of everyone on old letterpress machines. Wow!! Two versions. A two-color, and a one color poster. Lots of people turned out. And Nik got the idea along with Bruce and Doug Menville to steal your dad over to Nik's house for a get together afterwards. Thus the photo.

And...Ah, memories!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post