Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    f451 bookmark

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

f451 bookmark
 Login/Join

posted
When I went to see Truffaut's f451 just after it opened in '66, they gave out Bookmarks with the Cast and Production credits. I'm looking at one right now. Sure, it's a little wrinkled: I saved it all these years. You won't find the credits on the screen--in a world where print is outlawed, they credits were all spoken. At the top of the bookmark, a warning: Hide this bookmark where you hide your books. I was wondering if anyone else had one of these bookmarks or even heard of such thing.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Any chance of scanning it and posting it for us?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II---
Good idea. Soon as I figure out how.
How about this: I got a letter from Ray, c'65.
It was a multiple choice, true or false letter I sent him when I was in high school. All he had to do was fill in the blanks. I sent it to Ray c/o William F. Nolan who wrote a bio of Ray in F and SF. Had his address, I figured he knew Ray. I was right. Got it back, greatest day of my life. Ray and I corresponded throughout college. I sent him short stories and Christmas cards six months ahead of time.
I often wonder, would Ray remember that letter?
Should I post that letter?
Anybody interested?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe Ray would remember one particular letter from 40 years ago when he must receive hundreds every week...

Anybody interested? I bet we're all interested! Please figure out how to scan and upload, ASAP!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post