Ray Bradbury Forums
Help me out!

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8671017901

16 May 2003, 06:47 PM
Bug
Help me out!
Heyhey! I'm trying to write a literary essay for my english class on The Illustrated Man and I need help! I'm going to discuss the human nature of the book, but I'm not SUPPOSED to be doing a literary essay, my teacher made me an expception, ergo it must be damn good. My problem is I don't really know what to do! Could someone with a few viable english skills help me out? I wrote Ray an email, but I doubt I'll get anything back...after all he is a busy man...THANX!
16 May 2003, 06:59 PM
DanB
Wrote Ray an email. Wow. Way to go straight to the source, Bug.

I'd like to try and help you out, but if you could do us a favor and be a bit more specific about your topic, that'd help.
The human nature of the book?
It's a short story collection, so it'd be tough to pin down one single statement about human nature...
are you looking at any specific stories?
do you mean- what the book says about human nature? or how the book itself represents human nature?
toss us some more info, get a discussion started, and then I'm sure that we could help you out.

Dan
25 May 2003, 03:48 AM
Ken Young
I'm in the same situation, I'm doing a project on Veldt, one of the things I need are other peoples critique of the story. I've searched everywhere, no reviews found can anyone help me out?
12 June 2003, 06:50 PM
kittykat
hey Bug! i now just how you feel... i have to do a project too!! only i have to write 2 concrete details with 2 commentaries for each one!! yea its on the Illusrtated man too! its kinda hard, i think! and i REA::Y bad at english!! well good luck!!