Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop."
- Lewis Carroll

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
"I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."

I will second that!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is life but a series of inspired follies? The difficulty is to find them to do. Never lose a chance: it doesn't come every day.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"It's a shame! To be so great at something no one cares about."

- from the upcoming movie,
"Wonderful World"

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."

- Don Marquis

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
...and then again - or possibly later -

"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow!"
-Steven Wright

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the interest of equal time, here's one for the non-religious amongst us:

"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people. Otherwise, there wouldn't be religious people."

- Doris Egan

(Note: I'm a Christian, but respect the beliefs of all, and it is a funny quote.)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The deeper I experience the reality and presence of God, the less my words seem like adequate vehicles to express that truth. Then words cease and one enters the experience of wordless wonder."

- Spong

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
After the last of 16 mounting screws has been removed from an access cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.
- De La Lastra's Law

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Okay, it's a deal."

- The Devil (quoted by Pat Robertson)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard."

- Daphne du Maurier

(Daphne clearly never saw Ray lecture!)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
...(Daphne clearly never saw Ray lecture!)

Nor saw Harlan Ellison writing a short story in a bookstore window!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Nor saw Harlan Ellison writing a short story in a bookstore window!

Or ranting about getting paid!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Good point - and better than mine!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post