Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation?
"Why Cartoons Are Forever", Los Angeles Times by Ray Bradbury ~ 3 December 1989  

By coincidence, I just read that quote!

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's agreat quote. When they put the Looney Tunes on DVD, I bought one set for myself and one set for my grandson. I grew up with them. It seems a shame my grandson should not have the same privilege!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful - I have the first four volumes on DVD, I think.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Touch a scientist and you touch a child. -- Ray Bradbury.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I assure you that mine are greater.
-- Albert Einstein

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how many men, hiding their youngness, rise as I do, Saturday mornings, filled with the hope that Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam and Daffy Duck will be there waiting as our one true always and forever salvation?

More starlight-in-a-bottle from Mr. Bradbury. With his gift for capturing the evanescent savors of childhood, of course he would pluck one of my most treasured childhood mindscapes, like a dandelion seed caught on the wing, and hold it up, shining and noteworthy, to a distracted world?

Did Ray ever visit Termite Terrace? Did he and Chuck Jones ever shoot the breeze?

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groovista:
quote:

More starlight-in-a-bottle from Mr. Bradbury. With his gift for capturing the evanescent savors of childhood, of course he would pluck one of my most treasured childhood mindscapes, like a dandelion seed caught on the wing, and hold it up, shining and noteworthy, to a distracted world?

Did Ray ever visit Termite Terrace? Did he and Chuck Jones ever shoot the breeze?

Mr. B has a six-foot stuffed Bullwinkle sitting on a couch in the family room.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Groovista, did Ray and Chuck Jones ever shoot the breeze? Read this interview from the April, 1968 issue of PSYCHOLOGY TODAY, and consider the breeze shot! Enjoy!

http://books.google.com/books?...ult&resnum=3#PPA3,M1

Posts: 2437 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd."

- Edith Sitwell

Does this mean I'm a genius? Because I'm sure not an aristocrat! (or even an aristocat)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies."

- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A nap, my friend, is a brief period of sleep which overtakes superannuated persons when they endeavor to entertain unwelcome visitors or to listen to scientific lectures."

G.B.S. (Mark I)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We will never discover intelligent life on other worlds...
They will, however, discover us."

~Nard Kordell

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard: there you are! I just called and no answer. But Zee called me with the information I needed so I'm all good.

Carry on quoting.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
- Bertrand Russell

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.
- Granville Hicks

"Live Forever!"