Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue." - Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

65 years ago today:
http://oslik.files.wordpress.c...01/iwo-jima-flag.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
Humor is reason gone mad.

groucho marx

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

more marx

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey101blind:
more marx

Hmm...I smell trouble with this one.

"Marx is good. Too much of Marx is great. Nothing but Marx is trouble..."

-- Kukai Aoki

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
"I hate a Roman named Status Quo!
Stuff your eyes with wonder, live your
life as if you'd drop dead in 10 seconds.
See the world. Its more fantastic than
any dream made or paid for in factories.
Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security,
there were never such an animal. And if it
were, it would be related to the great
sloth which hangs upside down in a tree
all day every day, sleeping its life away.
To hell with that, shake the tree and knock
the great sloth down on his ass." --Ray Bradbury

better ?

posted Hide Post
"Joking, theres a good sport indeed."

-- Vincent Freud

(chuckle)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Joking, theres a good sport indeed."

-- Vincent Freud

"Hmmm! There must be some deeper meaning to this!"
--Vincent's older brother Sigmund

http://carlinrichadelson.files...concscious-freud.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
"Hmmm! There must be some deeper meaning to this!"
--Vincent's older brother Sigmund

If only, sir.

"Everywhere I go I find that a poet has been there before me."

-- My mentor

"Oh, death!"

<harvey101blind>
posted
oooo0000ooooooooaaaaaawoooowwwwooohhohohoh0h0ho0wow0wowwowooohhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhhaaaahaahaahhmmmmmmmmmm0wowwowwowwoww00000.

pink floyd - the great gig in the sky

posted Hide Post
"How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man."

- Johnny Cash

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, so we're playing musical quotes now, eh?

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

-- David Bowie

"Oh, death!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Ah, so we're playing musical quotes now, eh?

No, it was Cash's birthday. But as long as we're talking musicians, let's do a quote from a fellow born on 2/25:

“There's high, and there's high, and to get really high - I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high - that's where I'm going.”

- George Harrison

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I find television to be very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book."

~Groucho Marx

posted Hide Post
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

- Lewis Carroll

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, then. Now. I'll begin at the beginnin'. A fine soft day in the spring, it was, when the train pulled into Castletown, three hours late as usual, and himself got off. He didn't have the look of an American tourist at all about him. Not a camera on him; what was worse, not even a fishin' rod.

- Father Peter Lonergan

"Live Forever!"