Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Never scratch a tiger with a short stick."

- Unknown

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"... Now he's got more women than you could shake a stick at, if that's your idea of a good time."

Groucho Marx, "Monkey Business"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"Never scratch a tiger with a short stick."

- Unknown

I've never seen a tiger with a short stick.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What nonsense it all is! Catholic and Protestant and Lutherist and every other shitist.

-
quote:
Shogun

by James Clavell

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"FREE SPEECH IS THE RIGHT TO SHOUT 'THEATER' IN A CROWDED FIRE."

---A YIPPIE PROVERB

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Wise men make proverbs. Fools repeat them."

--?

Posts: 168 | Location: Santa Fe, NM | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"An expert is an ordinary man away from home."

- Unknown

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity."
-Winston Churchill

RB seems the consummate Optimist!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“There is in Ireland a science unknown to us in England called codology. Nearly every true Irishman is either a graduate or a professor. The American for codology is ‘bunk’, or perhaps ‘bla’; the English is ‘leg-pulling’. There is nothing your true Irishman likes better than putting over a tall story on an Englishman.”

- H. V. Morton

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Touché!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and so on."

- Robert Byrne

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them."
-Bill Vaughan

posted Hide Post
"I have traveled more than anyone else, and I have noticed that even the angels speak English with an accent. "

-Mark Twain