Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"...I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Doug! My pastor, Rick Warren, at the church my wife and myself go to mentioned late this afternoon to a bunch of us that were doing a walk around the church campus, that he just came back from a 3 hour debate with the foremost atheist in the US. The atheist's name is Sam Harris. Newsweek magazine is right now doing a transcript of the debate, and will run it in their upcoming Easter edition as a cover article. So check it out.
Pastor: www.ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=r_warren
Atheist: www.samharris.org/index.php/samharris/print/

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote an editorial for Adventure Books Editorial page, and surprise...the Seattle Times contacted me and asked if they could 'edit and print it'
I said "Why not?"
Ever since, I have been receiving messages, probably because some readers ran my name on google, where I am reletively easy to find. (messages run the gamut from name-calling to somewhat nicer comments.) Anyway, the letter is about the war in Iraq and you can view the Seattle Times version here:
Seattle Times Article

A slightly expanded version is on our website under the AB Editorials Page, with some images. I won't give the link. Too much like promotion. You can find us if you wish... Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Name-calling!? Looks like a fine article to me.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert M Blevins:
I wrote an editorial for Adventure Books...

Hey Robert - Keep up the good work! Thanks for taking the time to comment on this war.

(Now, let's tie this in with Ray. Wasn't he published in the Seattle Times once? <grin>Wink

Posts: 11 | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those two links were great. I look forward to the Newsweek spread. Can't hardly believe that Rick Warren's book was selling at a million copies a month.
Quote of the day? Gotta be that very first sentence, in the very first chapter:

"It's not about you!"

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't hardly believe that Rick Warren's book was selling at a million copies a month.

Oh, it could be possible...my wife and I have this other business besides the books, one where we are often in peoples' homes. I see that book lying on bedroom lamp tables all the time. Cool

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Hey, Doug!, check it out.

Thanks, I will. I have heard of this Harris. Spong wrote in one of his columns that "every Bishop in England wants to debate him."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer."

- Dave Barry

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."

- Dave Barry

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."

- Dave Barry

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"There's always somebody who is paid too much and taxed too little - and it's always somebody else."

- Cullen Hightower

posted Hide Post
............ "Subtle is the Lord, but malicious He is not."
............ --Albert Einstein
............ April, 1921

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Don't blow yourselves up!"
-Motherly advice from Elsie Hickam, in October Sky

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post