Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Phil,

First, I am so glad that you were able to meet Ray and the other Board members. Only if I could have been able to make the meeting as well! And now to place faces with names, several of them in fact.

Secondly, in what way would the word "wee" have a different connotation in the United Kingdom as opposed to the United States?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:

Secondly, in what way would the word "wee" have a different connotation in the United Kingdom as opposed to the United States?

Are you sure you want to know? As a verb, it's something you do in the bathroom...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us."

- Kurt Vonnegut

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Women, listen to your mothers
Don't just succumb to the wishes of your brothers
Take a step back, take a look at one another
You need to know the difference
Between a father and a lover!"

- Meg White

Sage advice.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WG!
Missed you!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I, being very weary, am reminded by another post of this lesson in Relativity:

A snail was mugged by two turtles.
The police asked him, "Can you tell us exactly what happened?" He replied. "I don't know - it all happened so fast!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
WG!
Missed you!

<3!

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's that?
Oh. I get it (*blush*).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
What's that?
Oh. I get it (*blush*).

I've missed you, all too!

posted Hide Post
Hello to all,
I apologize because I feel that I am budding in on your private conversations...

I am a fan of RB. I have read him for years, and for the past 20, have included his works in my English Curriculum. Martian Chronicles is the novel taught most often at the school, but I also include some of his short stories.

I would like to send Ray a letter of appreciation and to also ask his opinion of the landing of Phoenix on Mars. Ray was the first person I thought of when I heard about this and wondered what he thought of the whole thing.

Could you let me know what would be the best way to contact him? I have several students who would like to send him letters also.

Thanks so much...
Peg

Posts: 2 | Registered: 28 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You can't have a world where 50 percent of the people are dieting and 50 percent of the people are starving if you want stability."

- John Shelby Spong

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And while I'm at it:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

- Mahatma Gandhi

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Peg, its a forum. if its been posted, its not privet.

posted Hide Post
and on that note.

“Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
...if its been posted, its not privet.

I think you should HEDGE your bets...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post