Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
And isn't that sung to the tune of "God Save The Queen", the UK national anthem?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sure is.

Also, the US national anthem uses a tune from an old British drinking song.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rill is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A day without laughter is a wasted day."

- Charlie Chaplin

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Power, perhaps that's the key word," Neel said, suddenly very tired. "We have the stars now but we have carried with us our little personal lusts and emotions. There's nothing wrong with that, I suppose, as long as we keep them personal. It's when we start inflicting them on others the trouble starts. Well, it's over now. At least this time."

The K-Factor By Harry Harrison

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Even if my father and mother
abandon me
the Lord will hold me close."

~Psalm 27, vs 10

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"That pig’s gonna need a lot of lipstick."

-Garry Trudeau, Doonesbury August 9, 2007

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The gospels are distorted by literalism. The depth of these ancient stories is violated by literalism. That needs to be heard."

- Spong

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Don't let others spoil your faith and joy with their philosophies, their wrong and shallow answers, built on men's thoughts and ideas, instead of on what Christ has said.

The Apostle Paul writing in Colossians 2nd chapter, verse 8.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Are you quite certain you weren't indulging your ego—?"

-To Outlive Eternity
by Poul Anderson

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
"Are you quite certain you weren't indulging your ego—?"

-To Outlive Eternity
by Poul Anderson

Poul Anderson was the very first science-fiction author I ever met in my life.

Had known a little about Poul, and first met him poolside somewhere around the San Francisco area back around 1970. Remember that meeting well: I was absolutely shocked upon learning about his disbelief in any God. During our conversation, just couldn't understand how such an intelligent, imaginative writer like Poul Anderson could say there was no God. Just didn't jive with my understanding of a person so well learned and gifted not being aware of anything or anyone beyond his personal talent.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you quite certain you weren't indulging your ego—?

You don't leave your fly open in a pressure suit.

-The Hole Man by Larry Niven

posted Hide Post
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base."

- Dave Barry

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
In time's limpid orichalcum light sat a man with the personality of a steel-belted radial tire.

-The Time of Her Life
by Nancy Springer

posted Hide Post
"Orichalcum is a good word."

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"