Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake - which I also keep handy.

- WC Fields

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaah yeeesss...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the set when the camera would run out of film someone would yell, “Refill!” Fields would reach into a compartment he had in his chair and pull out some booze and say, “Aaah, yeeesss…refill.”

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the devilish thing about foreign affairs: they are foreign and will not always conform to our whim.

- James Reston

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment.

Robert Benchley

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We tear down elm trees to erect institutions for people driven insane by the tearing down of elm trees. – James Thurber

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Dorothy Parker

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“The children pressed to each other like so many roses…”

Anyone know the source to this one?

By the way, Dorothy Parker is facinating.

posted Hide Post
It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it.

Ancient Chinese Pronoun

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rocket, not to be picky, but that's "proverb", not "pronoun". Also I've heard thet saying (or a variant) attributed to Good Ol' Honest Abe.

posted Hide Post
I was joking, I promise B-Two. I didn't know Abe said it too, great minds...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What are you so puffed up about? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why act as though you have accomplished something on your own?"
Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 4, vs 7

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made.

- Oscar Wilde

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."

~ Albert Einstein

"A psychotic is a guy who has just found out what is going on!"

~ William Burroughs

"Get back, demon dogs!"

~ Thundarr the Barbarian

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The guy is dumb - he can't be taught!"

- Einstein's high school teachers

"Live Forever!"