Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A rolling stone gathers no moss.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...which reminds me, Keith Richards has a small part in the latest "Pirates Of The Caribbean" movie! (He looks like he could gather moss, though.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...which reminds me,"
Oh, man! (Geez, Nice.) "Rolling Stone ---- moss --- Richards --- Pirates movie!!!"

Braling II, you really need a break.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me? Need a break? Well, I have learned how to say "I'm tired" in 10 languages!

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do."

(attributed to several authors)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

- Soren Kierkegaard

posted Hide Post
This jogged my memory of a quote by a Russian open water fishing boat captain, while sharing a meal and drinks with crewmen of an American troller somewhere in the Bering Straits:
"We Russians and you Americans are much alike in many ways. The big difference - we Russians "know" we are not free!"
-This in an article in either Life or Look Magazine, during the Cold War Era.

Interesting how I recall that with your post, BrII!

posted Hide Post
Often heard in the Soviet Union:
"We pretend to work, and the Communists pretend to pay us!"

posted Hide Post
"If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick." --Mark Twain, in an 1882 address to a girls' club in Boston

Priory

Posts: 27 | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Tradition means handing on all that is of value to the next generation."
-Henry Lewis Bullen

Though I grew up with and was greatly influenced by such a philosophy (still mindful of it daily), I warily pose the question: Does this quote have much relevance at all within contemporary society?

posted Hide Post
Sadly, pard, the best transmitter is useless without a good receiver.

posted Hide Post
SD. Yep! So, we deal with so much of this it oft seems ~ http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/ed/30/1008611-musicuk-resized200.jpg

However: As you infer, "Keep sending the messages. Someone must be listening."

"Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God." -Lou Buscaglia

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

posted Hide Post
"The notes I handle no better than many pianists. But the pauses between the notes - ah, that is where the art resides!"

- Arthur Schnabel

posted Hide Post
"I don't care if it's horse piss, it makes me feel good."

-John F. Kennedy

"Tell the story of creation, tell me of the world's beginning, tell me of the creatures in it, and philosophize a little!"

-the Kalevala

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn't grow up can be vice president."

- Johnny Carson