Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"If you have never said "Excuse me" to a parking meter or bashed your shins on a fireplug, you are probably wasting too much valuable reading time."

Reminds me of the physician in Hitchcock's The Trouble With Harry. Remember him stumbling over the corpse a couple times with nose in book?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

- Thomas A. Edison

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

- Douglas Adams

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

- Joseph Conrad

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
From high on a hill consider the hurried city now far into the night hours below, as far above all the wondering of busy man the stars remain; be humble, the sky has opened the depths of unfathomable galleries of life and death.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The majority of people perform well in a crisis and when the spotlight is on them; it's on the Sunday afternoons of this life, when nobody is looking, that the spirit falters."

- Alan Bennett (English playwright)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Do you not know that when we die we shall judge angels in heaven?

Paul the Apostle writing in 1st Corinthians 6, verse. 3

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My quote is inspired by a story 4E told me as we were lunching in his favourite eatery, The House of Pies. He said Orson Welles used to come in here and order a whole cocoanut cream pie, sit in that booth over there and eat it all.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch."

- Orson Welles

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all of your time."

- Willem de Kooning

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch."

- Orson Welles

RE:
"Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and lots of pie and fresh, hot coffee!!

Give Many Thanks.
Enjoy ALL!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At services Sunday, Pastor said that his favourite food on Thanksgiving was anything that ended with the word 'pie'.

So, we too will cook up a fine meal and celebrate the anniversary of the immigrant's forced assimilation of the Native Americans!

Even so, I still like turkey and stuffing (and sweet tater pie).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it."

- W. C. Fields

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Remember Pearl Harbor!

-Don Reid & Sammy Kaye

ImageRememberPearlHarbor.jpg (80 Kb, 5 downloads)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When Solomon said there was a time and a place for everything he had not encountered the problem of parking his automobile."

- Bob Edwards

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it."

- W. C. Fields

As me poor auld Faather used ta say to me:
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'till you do suck seed!"

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post