Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive."

- Thomas Jefferson

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up."

- Ogden Nash

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Einstein's upbringing in the Jewish faith, he had at least a smattering knowledge of who God is.

"A legitimate conflict between science and religion cannot exist. Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
--Albert Einstein, 1941

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ninety percent of everything is crap.

- Theodore Sturgeon

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'99 44/100% pure' is crap!
~ Jay Tea, in WIZBANG

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."--Dean Martin

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized."

- Fred Allen

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to men. All the good from Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world, is communicated to us through this book.
~Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."

- Thomas Jefferson

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/guestvoices/...esidents_secret.html

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thomas Jefferson wasn't a Christian. Sounds like it, too.

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:
That Newsweek piece...I've read different takes on Lincoln. I've read he was a most religious man. Perhaps he got a whle lot of religion during the turnign tides of the Civil War.

The Newsweek piece you linked, is written by the Editor of Newsweek. Believe he is from the Episcopal Church. Like the (Roman) Catholic Church, they are having their issues. This week, I'll be interested in getting a copy of Newsweek. The cover story has to do with the pastor of the church I attend, debating one of the foremost atheists in America. Should be out on the stands by now.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no expedient to which a man will not go to avoid the labor of thinking.

- Thomas A. Edison

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war..."

"They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore."

I pray for the day.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the old folk tune "Down By The Riverside".

good link:
http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/folkden-wp/?p=7017

(Remember Roger McGuinn of 'The Byrds'?)

Although, I can never hear that song without thinking of Allan Sherman's version, "Don't Buy The Liverwurst"!

posted Hide Post
On my income tax 1040 it says 'Check this box if you are blind.' I wanted to put a check mark about three inches away.

- Tom Lehrer

"Live Forever!"