Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fortune does not change men, it unmasks them."

- Suzanne Necker

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some hae meat and cannot eat.
Some cannot eat that want it:
But we hae meat and we can eat,
Sae let the Lord be thankit.

-Selkirk Grace

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all”. -another from Aristotle

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

- George Bernard Shaw

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
A four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head or tail out of it."

- Groucho Marx

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Some men have feet of clay.
Some have feet of mud."
-Jake Langley

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm lost; I've gone to look for myself.
If I should return before I get back...
ask me to wait.

Author Unknown.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The power of imagination makes us infinite."

-John Muir

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones."

- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Rochefoucauld is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sounds like an expletive.

Expletive is a good word.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you took all the arteries, veins and capillaries out of an average man's body and laid them end-to-end,
that man would die!"

-Unknown (Monty Python?)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait; and love one another."

- George Harrison

"Live Forever!"