Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Let go over a cliff, die completely, and then come back to life - after that you cannot be deceived!" ~ Zen Proverb

Hmmm...Somehow, I seem to have heard this before!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We are cups, consistently and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.
-Ray Bradbury
(Quotable Quotes ~ Nov. '12 Reader's Digest)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”

C.S. Lewis

posted Hide Post
"He weren't afraid of nothin' - he was pretty sure he could fly."

~ Guy Clark

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You believe in what you hear said. Believe in the unsaid, for the silence of men is nearer the truth than their words."

-Khalil Gibran

posted Hide Post
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.
-- Bob Newhart

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We need to write, otherwise nobody will know who we are."

~ Garrison Keillor

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is." - Mark Vonnegut

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.

Helen Keller

posted Hide Post
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Appropriate thought as scenes like this abound in our region during the weeks of autumn:
http://www.wildernessphotograp...bog%202010_900px.jpg

posted Hide Post
"In omnibus requiem quaesivi, sed non inveni, nisi in hoexkens ende boexkens:"
~ "I have sought everywhere for peace, but I have found it not save in a little corner with a little book"

Thomas à Kempis (c. 1380 – 25 July 1471)
(Prolifoc German canon copier and author. It is said he hand scribed the Bible at least five times.)

posted Hide Post
"Well, I screwed it up real good, didn't I?"

~ Richard M. Nixon

Happy 40th anniversary on his resignation to the second-worst president ever!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Let us pick up our BOOKS and our pens. They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, ONE BOOK and one pen can change the world. Education is the only solution. Education first.”
-Malala Yousafzai

The 2014 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai for "their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to an education."

http://www.voanews.com/content...e-prize/2479118.html

We need more awards for those who bring peace . . .

posted Hide Post
"Patience is the Companion of Wisdom."
-Saint Augustine