Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The idea that there is a god is a farce. I know this to be true because the devil told me.
~J. Thompson Lurye

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the omission of Jane Austen's books alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a book in it.

- Mark Twain

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
- Sir Richard Steele

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
- Harlan Ellison

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Dear Christ, if I don't have You, I cannot cooperate with You!"

- C.S. Lewis (in a letter)

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to seem foolish.

- Aeschylus

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"If you fail once you're a failure... and if the world says that you're not good enough, get a second opinion".

-nick vujicic

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brodie C.:
nick vujicic

I met Nick when he preached at my parish in Bel Air, Bel Air Pres. Pretty amazing guy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I do believe in God, just not yours."

- Gene Roddenberry

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Although the time of death is approaching me, I am not afraid of dying and going to Hell. Or what would be considerably worse, going to the popularized version of Heaven. I expect death to be nothingness and, for removing me from all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism."

--ISAAC ASIMOV

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by embroiderer:
"I expect death to be nothingness..."

"If I believed that, I would be terrified."

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Acquaintance, n.: A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well enough to lend to."

- Ambrose Bierce

------------------------------------------------

"Once you get to the point where you're actually doing things for truth's sake, then nobody can ever touch you again, because you're harmonizing with a greater power."

- George Harrison

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"I never advocated that players not eat bananas. I said, they shouldn't eat unripe bananas, as I have no objection to the fruit when it is ripe. I have some very good friends in the banana business and I would not care to say something about their business which is not true."

- Knute K. Rockne
Notre Dame, Indiana

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If you ever come to Boston after I am out of jail, I have a damned good mind to buy you a drink. Two, if you can stand the gait. Will you libate with me?"

--Chales Ponzi (from where the term PONZI Scheme came forth), responding to a comment in TIME magazine, and now directed to the editor of TIME magazine (1931)

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Comedy has to be based on truth! You take the truth and you put a little curlicue at the end."

--Sid Caesar (who played Mr. Shumway in Disney's The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit)