Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Ian, Evan, Isaac... whatever that guys name was!"

- an old friend

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does."

- Will Rogers

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."

- Susan B. Anthony

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"You don't remember me, but
I remember you..."

-Little Anthony

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(when asked what kind of music he listened too)

"Nothing, I hate music."
-Johnny Rotten, the sex pistols.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Which is more musical: a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school?"

- John Cage

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

That Susan B. Anthony quote is a funny one, since it can be taken two ways. Especially when you read a scripture passage relating to Susan B. Anothony's quote. The biblical passage reads, 'Seek after God with all your heart and soul, and you will fulfill the desires of your heart'.

_____

"Straightaway, the ideas flow upon me directly from God."
~ Johannes Brahms

_____

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Following a main road is easy,
Yet people delight in difficult paths.

-Laotze

Most people think this a critisizm of man's actions; I view it as a loving observation.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I have nothing to say."

Oliver Hardy, Dirty Work, 1933.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

Mark Twain

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Why don't you do something to help me?"

- Oliver Hardy, just about any L&H movie

posted Hide Post
"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
'There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.'

Clint Eastwood

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"George Washington, as a boy, was ignorant of the most common accomplishments of youth. Why! He could not even lie."
-Mark Twain

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"My heart is singing for joy this morning. A miracle has happened! The light of understanding has shone upon my little pupil's mind, and behold, all things are changed."
-Anne Sullivan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Sullivan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Keller

(Thanks, SD. The "mind" simply sees what it thinks it said! A mental-illusion of sorts.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,