Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"...and when we would make much of that which cannot matter much to thee, forgive us."

- The Right Reverend John Elbridge Hines

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There is no need for suicide. You will eventually die anyway."

-Kay Brander

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Yeah—we're all just plum-full of wanting to be wild. Not mean wild, mostly — constructive wild, instead. And, damn, we'll do it...!"

-The Planet Strappers by Raymond Z. Gallun

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I don't like to win, but then again I hate to lose, and in-between is something I can't stand."

- T Bone Burnett

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Dancing, the front door to adultery!"

- Estus Pirkle

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Grace is the smell of rain."

- Terry Scott Taylor

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"Grace is the smell of rain."

- Terry Scott Taylor

Here's one for you: "Shouldn't you be studying for finals instead of playing on that dang computer?" -- Any Parent

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here's one for you: "Shouldn't you be studying for finals instead of playing on that dang computer?" -- Any Parent

"The greatest word in the English language - tomorrow. There's absolutely nothing that can't be done - tomorrow."

- David Browne

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Nobody's perfect...Well, there was this one guy, but we killed him."

- anonymous

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The only thing that Columbus discovered was that he was lost."

- Windham Earle

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

My ploy paid off - I got an "A" on my Geology Final yesterday (and I don't know from rocks!)

Today? Cinema Studies Final. And that's the subject I usually do well in.

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The laws of physics themselves are biased toward life. The strong anthropic principle implies that 'the universe knew we were coming."

~Freeman Dyson,
physicist at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton

"Long ago, even before God made the world and the universe, God already loved us. And it was even then that God chose us to be found in Christ, and therefore to be found holy and without fault in his eyes."

~ Ephesians 1, verse 4

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does."

- Will Rogers

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."

-Frank Zappa

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post