Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Better to copulate than never."

Robert A. Heinlein

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A malicious wife living in the house is worse than all diseases."
-Sumerian proverb

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tempus Fugit--Latin Idiom, sometimes seen on Grandfather Clocks.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane, good to see you're posting again.
"Tempus fugit-vita brevis".
This came up before, 06 August 2004...

How about:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, ....and melted under a gate.
~Elizabeth Lemarchand

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The only reason I made a commercial for American Express was to pay for my American Express bill."

- Peter Ustinov

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok,
"How come there's only one Monopolies Commission?" ~Nigel Rees

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

- Thomas Jefferson

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"In regards this this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man."

~Abraham Lincoln
February 13, 1861

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers."

- William James

posted Hide Post
"A book burrows into your life in a very profound way because the experience of reading is not passive."

- Erica Jong

posted Hide Post
Another Jefferson, while I'm at it:

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive."

- Thomas Jefferson

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"How brief the summer, before the autumn, and then the winter."

-J.M. Coetzee

Posts: 2 | Location: somewhere dreaming | Registered: 30 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"When I die, I'm going to leave my body to science fiction."

- Steven Wright

posted Hide Post
“Radio is the theater of the mind; television is the theater of the mindless”.

- Steve Allen

"Live Forever!"