Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Great quote and good links! But I think there's a typo there, Butch: "mild" should probably be "mind".

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Genius is an infinite capacity for taking life by the scruff of the neck."
-Christopher Quill

("Scruff" is a good word!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Your summit awaits. Go to it."

- Jamie Clarke

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little."

- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"

- Frankie Howerd

(Wonder to which 'forum' he was referring. Surely not 'Religion 101'? Oh well, please yourself!)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tink, stop by the "Where Y'all from?" thread and tell us where "Never Never Land, UK" is.
(And don't say it's "second from the right and straight on 'til morning"!)

My Quote of the day:

"For you, Nell, I'd Rotten Up!"

- Dudley Do-Right

posted Hide Post
"Live Forever!"

- Ray Bradbury

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

- Mark Twain

posted Hide Post
"What is truth?"

- Pontius Pilate (John 18:38)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except thru me."

-Jesus Christ-

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What is Life?"

- George Harrison

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Why leave me standing here? Let me know the Way ..."

- Lennon/McCartney (The Long & Winding Road)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Tink, stop by the "Where Y'all from?" thread and tell us where "Never Never Land, UK" is.
(And don't say it's "second from the right and straight on 'til morning"!)

My Quote of the day:

"For you, Nell, I'd Rotten Up!"

- Dudley Do-Right

Braling II! Couldn't find - or maybe hadn't the patience to find - 'Where y'all from?'.

You only want to know my provenance because Mrs B comes from Manchester, and you've been over here recently smuggling our cheese and bacon through Customs! Tut! I didn't dare sneak a pretzel out of NYC last October. Not only that, but on outward-bound I had to swear I had nothing to do with Nazi Germany from 1933 and 1945. Do I really look THAT old?

Twickenham's my home. It's a tranquil, leafy suburb on the outskirts of London. Sunday afternoons we laze by the Thames beneath weeping willows, sharing a bottle (or two) of Chablis and wafer-thin cucumber sandwiches while our men play cricket on the Green. Not today, alas. It's been raining cats and dogs - always does on a Bank Holiday.

As for your assumption that we're less friendly down here than in the north, huh! Why, some days we even go so far as to grunt at one another.

You know it's quite true what another Brit, Waiting Tom I believe his name is, recently said on this board. Hardly anyone I know has even HEARD of Ray Bradbury. Had he been a household name or on the school curriculum, he'd have received a knighthood, not just a Pulitzter.

Mrs B sounds a very lucky person. Indeed, everyone I met in the US was overwhelmingly kind and welcoming. Manners cost nothing, eh?

Tinks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
...Hardly anyone I know has even HEARD of Ray Bradbury...

I can confirm this is a common state of affairs here in the UK. People are always mixing up RAY Bradbury with MALCOLM Bradbury. Another common mix-up is RB and John Wyndham. At least RB and JW both wrote in the same field.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tinks,
You'll find the "So...Where Y'All From?" Topic under "Ray's Legacy".
So, as John Daly used to say on "What's My Line", "Enter, and sign in, please."

Cuumber samwidges, eh?

OK back to Quote Of The Day!

"...marvelous people, the Scots. It's the porridge, you know!"

- Tony Hancock from "The Blood Donor"