Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"I yield to no one in my respect for Ray Bradbury."

- Rod Serling

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"I yield to no one in my respect for Ray Bradbury."

- Rod Serling

I wonder: did he say that before or after The Twilight Zone?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After.

Early seventies.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage."

- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"The only happiness you get to keep,
Is the happiness you give away"

~Roy Rogers

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actress Joan Crawford's alleged last words on her deathbed while a maid was praying:

"Damn It! Don't you dare ask God to help me."

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If they'd lower the taxes and get rid of the smog and clean up the traffic mess, I really believe I'd settle here until the next earthquake.”

- Groucho Marx (in L.A.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I think they do more damage to Christianity than the most committed atheist."

- Antony Thomas (on televangelist faith healers)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Jesus was a good guy. He didn't need this shit."

- John Prine

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Thanks to TV and for the convenience of TV, you can only be one of two kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative."

- Kurt Vonnegut

"There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity."

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."

- Arthur C. Clarke

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You can always tell a cult from a religion, she said, because a cult is just a set of rules that lets certain men get laid.

-”Always” by Karen Joy Fowler 2007

.... to every drunken man the fall of the sober is a happy thing.

-Michael Shaara, “Soldier Boy”1982

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I cannot bear to see my wonderful husband waken every day wondering if he is living a nightmare.

He is my life and there is no cure (from ALS). There is nothing I can do to help him. We have a limited number of days left together and these days for him will be filled with suffering."

- ravenscroft's wife 31 May 2008

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Don't make yourself crazy! "

~Nard Kordell

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twofer:

An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations.
- Charles de Montesquieu

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
- Woody Allen

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Another twofer, both from science fiction, unless this longtime famous science fiction author is too strong for delicate sensibilities:

As far as the eye can see, the infertile desert lies under the pitiless glare of the merciless sun, a lifeless, trackless, feckless, fuckless waste strewn with the bones of luckless wayfarers....
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. LeGuin

"You should get used to the idea that not everybody thinks exactly the way you do. From time to time, you might even try rethinking a position.”

- There and Then by Steven Utley

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post