Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth."

- George Burns

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of drink:

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

- Oscar Wilde

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."

- Robert Heinlein

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Presuming the nom de plume of Doug Spaulding is being used for another eminent personage, thank you for everything.

Posts: 1 | Location: gainesville, fl | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have me at a disadvantage.

Go Gators!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Personage is a good word.

As is parsonage.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Eminent" isn't bad either!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The ideal man takes joy in doing favors for others"

- Aristotle

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the starry heavens and the seas of suns and thinking that there are no others out there makes man out to be but an inch taller than a stone.

Arthur-Arthur Long

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A little philosophy inclineth men's minds to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds to religion."
- Francis Bacon

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian."

- Robert Orben

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Arthur-Arthur is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Human beings can experience God but they cannot define God. I do not understand the reluctance of human beings to understand that simple truth. The human mind cannot embrace what it means to be God. We cannot view the world from God's perspective."

- Spong

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"You see me, you see the Father."
~ Jesus Christ

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spong is obvious someone whose head is buried in sand. Scripture is very clear that Jesus Christ is God personified for humans to understand.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post