Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Bring book back late - I kill!"

-Conan the Librarian

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Is your life writing cheques that your soul cannot cash?"
T.D.Jakes

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Human definitions of God are always doomed to die because they are human creations."

- John Shelby Spong

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I and the Father are One."
Jesus Christ

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What parents teach stays with you always.

What they fail to teach can never be learned from others.

(from The Family Circus by Bil Keane)

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Spong's voice of reason is one of the few sane voices in contemporary theology."

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness."

- James Thurber

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Bishop Spong has rejected historic Christianity. Bishop Spong has rejected the divinity of Christ, the cross of Christ's reconciling death, the resurrection, eternal life, the ascension. And Etc."
~John Harrower

posted Hide Post
"I have a suspicion that some of these 'quotes' need to be transplanted to the 'Orange Crop' thread!"

- Doug Spaulding

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
"I have a suspicion that some of these 'quotes' need to be transplanted to the 'Orange Crop' thread!"

- Doug Spaulding

posted Hide Post
"In an endeavour to become a polymath, one may succeed in only becoming a dilettente, but at least he will not be nescient."
- Braling II

"One never knows, do one?"
- Thomas ("Fats") Waller

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:

"One never knows, do one?"
- Thomas ("Fats") Waller

"Do One?" is a good term.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"A good man should be known by the deeds he does, not by the words he repeats." --Anonymous

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
blessed is the one who finds wisdom.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post