Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Quote of the Day
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Day
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I could tell me parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
Rodney Dangerfield

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm a liar - and that's the truth!"

- anon.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Inspired by the news on another thread of Ray's getting a French Medal):

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

- Norman Schwartzkopf

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Dead bodies float downstream."
~Fr. John Corapi

....talking about the young going with the flow of popular culture.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Movies is magic; real life is tragic."

- Van Dyke Parks

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

- Norman Schwartzkopf

Bet he wouldn't have said that during the Revolutionary War!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah, you're right. It's only 90 percent of the French that give the rest a bad name.

posted Hide Post
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."

- Unknown

posted Hide Post
"Aw, big ain't the word for it!"

- Barney Fife

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority."

- Thomas H. Huxley

(Aren't I just the little rebel?)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This Huxley sounds like one of the more rejectable authorities himself!

posted Hide Post
"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Gilbert and Sullivan, it is said, changed the title of their opera "Ruddygore" to "Ruddigore", due to claims that "ruddy" was too similar to the then-taboo curse word "bloody".

Gilbert's response to being told they meant the same thing was: "Not at all, for that would mean that if I said that I admired your ruddy countenance, which I do, I would be saying that I liked your bloody cheek, which I don't."

posted Hide Post
“In 1940, teachers listed the top problems in public schools as: talking out of turn, chewing gum, making noise and running in halls.
In 1990, teachers listed the top problems as: drug abuse, alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide and rape.”
- Heritage Foundation

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding

Friedich Nietzsche was also crazy, and likely clinically crazy as well.
~Crazy Larry

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post