Ray Bradbury Forums
Quote of the Day

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/8661025792

14 March 2007, 08:35 AM
Doug Spaulding
Quote of the Day
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake - which I also keep handy.

- WC Fields

"Live Forever!"
14 March 2007, 09:12 AM
Braling II
Aaah yeeesss...
14 March 2007, 10:25 PM
Chapter 31
On the set when the camera would run out of film someone would yell, “Refill!” Fields would reach into a compartment he had in his chair and pull out some booze and say, “Aaah, yeeesss…refill.”
15 March 2007, 07:22 AM
Doug Spaulding
This is the devilish thing about foreign affairs: they are foreign and will not always conform to our whim.

- James Reston

"Live Forever!"
15 March 2007, 07:54 AM
Braling II
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment.

Robert Benchley
15 March 2007, 11:46 AM
Chapter 31
We tear down elm trees to erect institutions for people driven insane by the tearing down of elm trees. – James Thurber
15 March 2007, 04:29 PM
ravenswake
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Dorothy Parker
16 March 2007, 10:13 PM
Chapter 31
“The children pressed to each other like so many roses…”

Anyone know the source to this one?

By the way, Dorothy Parker is facinating.
17 March 2007, 07:18 PM
rocket
It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it.

Ancient Chinese Pronoun

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
17 March 2007, 09:01 PM
Braling II
Rocket, not to be picky, but that's "proverb", not "pronoun". Also I've heard thet saying (or a variant) attributed to Good Ol' Honest Abe.
18 March 2007, 10:11 AM
rocket
I was joking, I promise B-Two. I didn't know Abe said it too, great minds...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com
18 March 2007, 11:29 AM
libRArY
"What are you so puffed up about? What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why act as though you have accomplished something on your own?"
Paul the Apostle, 1 Corinthians 4, vs 7
19 March 2007, 10:26 AM
Doug Spaulding
Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience and rebellion that progress has been made.

- Oscar Wilde

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"
19 March 2007, 10:37 AM
LordShen
"Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper."

~ Albert Einstein

"A psychotic is a guy who has just found out what is going on!"

~ William Burroughs

"Get back, demon dogs!"

~ Thundarr the Barbarian

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com
19 March 2007, 11:15 AM
Doug Spaulding
"The guy is dumb - he can't be taught!"

- Einstein's high school teachers

"Live Forever!"