Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 movie
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 movie
 Login/Join

posted
When they finally make this movie, who does everyone want to see act in it.
I like Guy Pearce as Montag and Patrick Stewart as Faber.

There is a vote for the whole cast at www.youcastit.com

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there was already a thread about the cast of the new film.

Posts: 113 | Location: Kensington, Maryland, USA | Registered: 08 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, two threads, but someone was kind enough to copy the entire text of the original thread into the new one.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Actually, two threads, but someone was kind enough to copy the entire text of the original thread into the new one.

I can't find a thread about the movie cast, can you post a link?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
::::TONIGHT::::

'FAHRENHEIT 451'

on TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To those who have access to the Turner Classic Movie network on cable, note that 'Fahrenheit 451' will be showing this evening, Thursday, March 30, 2006; check the 'listings' for showtime in your neighborhood.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Nard, I don't get that channel. Would you mind taping that for me?

Just joshin ya. I recently rented it though, loved it. I even bought a leather Montag hat. Since we went to mega-basic cable, which is tantamount to 1964 Wichita T.V., I don't get the classic movies like before. Miss it somewhat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I know I say something like this every time the Truffaut movie is mentioned; but, the music! The wonderful Bernard Herrmann music! I practically weep during the last scene, especially.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot
Lincoln:

hEy!! where did you find a Montag hat? I was thinking about that hat myself watching Fahrenheit this evening.

posted Hide Post
Braling II.
Bernard Herrmann was one of the greats. I couldn’t agree with you more about his work on F451. I’ve always been a big fan. Many years ago I knew one of his nieces—if he had more than one—and she would refer to him as “Uncle Bernie”. All I could say was “You don’t mean to tell me you really know this guy?” Loved his final score on “Taxi Driver”.

Robot Lincoln,
Gots to see a picture of you in that hat. Sounds most triumphant. “Mad Hatter Lincoln" they called him in them days. Manic marauder of mercantile machinations meant to maneuver the market to the Montag method of meaningful mayhem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chapter 31,

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, nice alliteration!
I have an LP called "The Fantasy Film World Of Bernard Hermann" which includes F451 - looking now for a CD of same.
His Hitchcock scores (Psycho, Nort By Northwest, etc.) are available...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Nard, Its been some months ago when I ordered the hat. I started searching hat companies online. I can't remember the exact name, but it was a motorcycle accessaries type place. Its basically a leather Greek fisherman cap. Mine was 20.00 plus shipping, which I thought was real resonable. Montags in the movie looked a little better than mine, I liked the brown soft looking leather, mine is black. Still works though. Good luck.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TCM is the only truly great channel left on TV. Shows all the movies uncropped, too. Can't stand pan-and-scan.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Pan-and-scan is a waste.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post