Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Studying Mr. Bradbury' book
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Studying Mr. Bradbury' book
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
wer can i get martian cronicals?
:P any book stores of\r theres spesicic place
(stupid question i know)
dont insult my stupidity

Ray Bradbury

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i would like to read tht book
:P were can i get onbe is ther one i can read on internet for free?

Ray Bradbury

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great touch! To use the actual Martian language to frame a question about "The Martian
Chronicles" was a stroke of genius!!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
What a great touch! To use the actual Martian language to frame a question about "The Martian
Chronicles" was a stroke of genius!!

Good one, i'm glad someone finally commented on how these people's posts are illegible. Before they start complaining about how difficult it is to understand the martian chronicles they should be making sure people can understand their writing. And the martian chronicles aren't way too hard to read when you consider that it's basically just a collection of short stories which don't necessarily have a complete plot.

Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like, ya know, I mean, I'm all, like, fer shure, ya know? Totally, dude.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I have indicated before, elsewhere, perhaps, there is no real reason that posts can not be presented in an appropriate manner, with proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization where needed.

Sometimes when I read these questionable posts, I am concerned about the amount of education the person has, or wonder if the person is just lazy!

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In all fairness THELEGEND455 is from Quebec and probably speaks french as a first language. Sometimes it helps to check their profiles before making judgements.

Remember when "elron" first started posting here?

LOL! I had to edit because I misspelled "jugdement".

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 03-08-2005).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Plane,
I agree. I hope you realize my above post was satirical!
Perhaps I should always eschew obfuscation!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as those who are obviously just not doing it right(misspellings)......I too am flabbergasted.

As for punctuation(no capitalizations, no periods)I think it's a generational thing, like slang. Chatroom stuff.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While we're on the subject....

Can someone tell me the difference between using quotation marks like "this" and using them like 'this'?

posted Hide Post
Actually, I prefer *this*!?!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the double quotation (") is used in the United States, while the single (') is used in British texts for quotes. In either case, the opposite mark is used for a quote within a quote.

Posts: 130 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only this to say about that: "~##*''%!^#**#!!" So There!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjpalumbo
"even before Harper Lee and William Golding"

Wow, I didn't realize that! That's pretty amazing!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of enjoy Charlie Gordon's take on punctuation in "Flowers for Algernon," or is that 'Flowers for Algernon' or _Flowers for Algernon_?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post