Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I NEED HELP NOW!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I NEED HELP NOW!
 Login/Join

posted
For my theatre history III class i need to research a famous playwright and read one of his/her plays. My teacher assigned me ray bradbury. I am a big fan of his books and she knew that so she picked him off the list for me. She obviously knows him as a playwright, but i can't find any resources that tell me what plays he has written. I know he wrote a screen play version of 451 but thats not a play. help me!
p.s. i would ask my teacher, but i'm too busy working on a scene for competition to take time and ask her.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what i was asking for was a list of the plays he has written. after posting the above i ran a search of this forum and i found that he in fact did write plays. did he write one for "The Martian Chronicles"? thats my favorite! i'm about to read "Something Wicked This Way Comes", as soon as i'm finished with clive barker's "Abarat" (very good i might add, just not bradbury ) anyway, if i could have that list i would be most gracious
arigato!

posted Hide Post
Ray has written many plays...
Here's a few:

"The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit"
"Falling Upward"
"Leviathan '99"
"Pillar of Fire"
"The Foghorn"
"Kaleidoscope"
"The Anthem Sprinters"
"The Great Collison of Monday Last"
"A Clear View of an Irish Mist"

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This link has been posted before, but many of Ray's plays are available for purchase, at a very reasonable price, from Dramatic Publishing Company, in Woodstock, Illinois. The link to their website is below. Just do a search by author to find out which of Ray's plays are currently available.
http://www.dramaticpublishing.com

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 09-24-2003).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rei,
I recommend "Farenheit 451" (you will find some interesting differences from the novel), "Dandelion Wine" (interesting twist in the stage version) and "Kaleidoscope" (an intense character study of desperate men on their proverbial death beds).

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arigato