Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    NO LECTURE AT ACKERMAN HALL TODAY 4/29/06
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NO LECTURE AT ACKERMAN HALL TODAY 4/29/06
 Login/Join

posted
HELLO ALL,

MR B WILL NOT BE LECTURING TODAY AT ACKERMAN HALL, HE'S NOT FEELING WELL, GETTING OVER A COLD AND LONG WEEK OF WRITING. HE WILL BE AT VAGABOND BOOKS BOOTH 634. AT 1PM FOR SIGNING. LIMIT ON NUMBER OF BOOKS.

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Patrick for keeping us up-to-date as to how Ray is doing. It means a lot to us to have you so close to Ray on a day-to-day basis, so that we all know that he is in good hands.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah. Bundle him up good.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from LA Festival of Books. Ray's no-show at 12PM was a big disappointment to a lot of people. All the tickets had been taken days ago!

Ray did show up at the 1:30 PM event. Both Ray and Patrick rode up on a golf cart. The lines of people kept Ray signing passed 3:30PM. An event like the LA Festival of Books is hard to imagine if you haven't been there. A couple hundred authors show up...and enough people to remind one not unlike milling thru a couple of large baseball stadiums filled to capacity. There are so SO ""SO"" MANY people. It is sprawled over the immense campus of UCLA. (University of California in Los Angeles).

Snapped a bunch of photos. Will log them onto this website next couple days.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take good care of our main man, Patrick! Let him be active and make sure he doesn't overdo himself.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, Ray's health is the first priority.
For me this is a crushing dissapointment, I worked overtime for two months, and drove 18hrs to see Ray Speak. Ray is the high point for the festival of books, I hope he makes it back for many years to come.
Um, Ray doesn't happen to be speaking anywhere tommorow does he? Wishfull thinking before I have to head back home.

All my best to Ray, I hope he feels better soon.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne2

My, so sorry to hear that! But listen on...

Decision was made to opt out of the noon talk. The day before Ray was already under the weather. In fact he was even unable to attend his play, "The Machineries of Joy" because of that. The 1:30 PM event seemed a casual, signing time which would not add fatigue from too lengthy of a schedule.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please understand, my concern is for Mr. Bradbury's health. When I say I'm disapointed, it is not at Mr. Bradbury, only that I was unable to see one of my heros speak. I know that if there was any way he could have done it he would have. I did not post this as an accusation, I am just very sorry at the way things turned out. Again I say, I hope Ray feels much better very soon. Maybe I can make it next year.

BTW, this is "Jayne" so if you look back through my posts you can see I mentioned the trip to LA a few weeks ago, I say this so it doesn't look like a just registered to complain about today. I just can't log in under my usual moniker. Did I get 86ed or something?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne2,
I couldn’t log in the other day. Everything seems okay now though. Maybe you should try using your original name again.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne2 or Jayne,
Haven’t seen you post since the disappointment of Saturday last and understand you had an eighteen hour drive home. Hope all went well and you are safe.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
Jayne2 or Jayne,
Haven’t seen you post since the disappointment of Saturday last and understand you had an eighteen hour drive home. Hope all went well and you are safe.

Drive was ok, I live still. How is Rays health?

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jayne, from reading your posts, I'd say Bradbury's health is better than yours.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Jayne, from reading your posts, I'd say Bradbury's health is better than yours.

Um,..........Thank you?

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There may have been no Ackerman Hall speech, but I'd be interested in how this event goes off, specifically the one on May 19th, 8PM.

http://www.justbuffalo.org/events/schedule.shtml

posted Hide Post
Darn, Nard, they had the same movie festival here today and I forgot about it. I have never seen The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, although I do have It Came From Outer Space on VCR tape.

What I am looking forward to is May 25th when there will be a teleconference with Ray hosted by Ed Bradley at the Miami Dade College. Sam Weller is also to be there.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post