Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Thesis statement

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thesis statement
 Login/Join

posted
I am a hs jr.(PA) and I am doing F451 for my research paper. Unfortunately I misplaced my thesis statement and I can't find it anywhere. I remember I wrote something like "Ray Bradbury's futuristic novel Fahrenheit 451 is a world full of dystopia". However I am not sure if this is the same statement which I got a 10 out of 10. If there is anyone to give me any suggestions I would be really grateful to you. Since English isn't my first language it is hard fo me to think of modifying the above statement.
Thanks.
Sincerely,
Zain.

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind, I got it covered...I just wanted to know if there is a movie version of The Illustrated Man. If so when was it released and would it be availble in blockbuster?
I have seen the movie of F451 and I didn't like it very much. It was awful.

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, there is one with Rod Stieger in the title role it is not as powerful as the book,
but he puts in a good performance. 60's or so.

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod Steiger is great, but, if you thought the movie of "Fahrenheit 451" was bad, brace yourself for "The Illustrated Man" to make it look like a cinematic masterpiece. I believe IM is the only filmed adaptation of his work of which Bradbury actually said, "I detested it."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SharktheFish:::

Once you have the time, take a look at the movie...'Something Wicked This Way Comes'....It does have its moments.

(Talking about the Illustrated Man...Rod Steiger, who played the Illustrated Man, was one of the fellows that accompanied Ray at the placing of Bradbury's 'Star' on Hollywood Boulevard. The movie may have been awful, but at least the two remained friends.)

The other fellow to accompany them at the 'Star' Event was... Charleton Heston. Come to think of it, Heston may have made a good Ahab, way back when Ray wrote the screenplay for 'Moby Dick'. Check out the movie... Again, many fine moments written by Ray. But Ray didn't like Gregory Peck as Ahab back then....

((Notice that one of the characters in the Bradbury movie of 'Moby Dick', was, years later, the Lightning Rod Salesman in 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'....))

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post