Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Booked on Dennis Miller Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booked on Dennis Miller Show
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Pterran

I wonder if the old Tomorrow shows are available on tape? As I mentioned I had taped two of Ray's appearances on Tom's show, but know that he was on several others including the one you mentioned. I would love to have copies of all of his appearances on the show.

When you think back about it, it is unique that for many years Ray traveled by train and loved it. In fact I remember reading an article by Ray about train travel.

It was only later that Ray flew due to a family emergency, as I recall, and had to get back to LA fast. Since then I don't believe Ray has had any problem flying around the country. Now his only restraint is his health.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the stand up comic/SNL alumni/football commentator?

Posts: 194 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know Tom Snyder has never been a comedian (although he can be funny) and as far a sports connection--I think not. Tom has always been media connected in one fashion or another. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al Sharpton will also be on the Dennis Miller Show tomorrow evening. I do hope Ray Bradbury and Al Sharpton don't wind up at the same time, together.

Or maybe, that's not such a bad idea.

I forget. Which side is Sharpton on? Seems he is a liberal with Republican ideals...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
republican ideals . . .? You know his history, right?

Ooops! politics again!

Quiet, Mr. Dark, quiet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark:
You should have heard Bill O'Reilly do a number on Sharpton when he was on his show, asked him if he ever had a real job, etc. He never answered the question, just stated that he had worked for the Civil Rights Movement, etc. Quite interesting discussion.

[This message has been edited by patrask (edited 07-15-2004).]

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Al S. will be via satellite from NYC.
nothing to do with the man.

Later '
Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Well, then just Dennis and Ray...

Thanks, Patrick !!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

We just got back from the DM show, it went great, they treated Mr B just great. Dennis did his monologue, then AL S. came on via sat/nyc.
Dennis and his crew set up the chairs to allow Mr B's good ear "right" towards him. Then after the commercial, Mr B came on for just one segment.

Dennis asked about Mr Electro, and of course Michael Moore, which went good, after a few questions, we left and and then a 3 person panel, came on.

Hope you see it 6pm and 9pm on the west coast,

Take care
Patrick

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw the segment no more than 2 minutes ago...what a thrill to see Ray Bradbury so full of life and vigor! Even Dennis Miller paled next to our wondrous wordsmith.

Guapodevil

Posts: 19 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick:

Agree with all the above. Yes... what great respect from Miller. What a great interview indeed.

Yes... that's the respect Ray truly deserves. Iit was a pleasure to watch and hear it all this evening.

Most certainly, those who are not familiar with Ray will go out and 'see' what will undoubtedly stir a new meaning of truth and life deep within their soul...

posted Hide Post
Patrick,

Just finished watching the interview, it was wonderful. Thanks so much for the heads-up. Courtesy, consideration, respect--Dennis Miller distinguished himself as a class act this evening. Of course, Mr. Bradbury's always been that, a class act, and tonight he shined as always. Again, many thanks.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray was brilliant on The Dennis Miller Show; a legend always is. His magic is contagious.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed seeing Ray greatly, and my only complaint is that his segment wasn't longer. (I know...I'm greedy!) Did anyone catch the monkey in the fireman suit right before Ray's segment? Kind of silly, but a cute touch. I was a bit nervous because I know how caustic and downright nasty Dennis Miller can sometimes be. I was pleasantly surprised to see how respectfully and graciously Dennis treated Ray. I liked how he said that he only wanted to touch briefly on the Michael Moore incident because he didn't want to waste time discussing someone insignificant like Moore when a person of Ray's stature and importance was there. He also said that anyone who could so alienate one of the true greats of our time will eventually have it catch up to him. I enjoyed hearing Ray tell the Mr. Electrico story again, and even learned something new about the incident. I had never heard the part about how on the day after their meeting he was on his way to his uncle's wake when he begged his father to stop the car so he could get out and go back to the carnival. He said, "I was running away from death and towards life." Interesting! I think I have a new appreciation of Dennis Miller. Anyone who is clearly such a big fan of Ray's is OK in my book. Thank you so much, Patrick, for giving us the heads up on this, and thank you also for taking such good care of Ray.

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 07-15-2004).]

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray also discusses this incident - running away from his family and his uncle's funeral to go to the carnival - in his afterword to Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction, just recently published

Posts: 19 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post