Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    False Bradbury Ice Cream Suit Story Claim.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

False Bradbury Ice Cream Suit Story Claim.
 Login/Join

posted
Ice cream suit was written by me in 1976 and was called the "The suit". It was part of a three story set that was turned in for a Lit contest. I still have the paperwork on it and the witnesses as well to confirm it. A friend of mine saw the movie and called me right away to let me know that the movie was word for word the story that I had written. So no, Bradbury did not write the story as claimed.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris,

if you wrote your story in 1976, and it is word-for-word identical to the film The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit, then YOU may be guilty of plagiarism.

Why? Because Ray Bradbury first published his short story under the title "The Magic White Suit" in October 1958. He has witnesses: millions of readers saw it published in the Saturday Evening Post.

The story was subsequently reprinted in several of Bradbury's books well before you wrote your story in 1976.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris: Sorry, No Go! Bradbury was working on The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit late 1950's, and hit paperback in 1972. Hardback followed a year later.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Nard and I both replied at the same time!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

Such nonsense. The guy doesn't tell us anything about himself. Yeah, I wrote the Declaration of Independence. I got a copy of it in my underwear drawer and others in my family saw me write the thing. I'm going to sue the US for stealing my idea.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- and it took him 30 years before he decides to mention it?? Dude - your ice cream claim is melting .... melting .... melting ..... (nice idea though, stealing a story for your lit contest and having your friends read it and thinking it was all you - good thing none of them ever read Bradbury - you didnt mention WINNING, so I bet the judges figured out your deception)

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is that this bozo wasn't even born 'til after 1976 and this is just another adolescent plea for attention; albeit less blatant and more creative than some we've had to endure here.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MY GREAT GREAT GREAT EVEN GREATER GRANDFATHER WROTE THE BIBLE AND I HAVE A SIGNED COPY TO PROVE IT

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Patrick!!!!!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FH 451. Was your great great great even greater grandfather's name Charles Taze Russell?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Great post, Chris! I haven't seen this much activity in a while.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hee hee! Good one, broid!

Oh, and Doug, I like your "location"!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Embroiderer, what does Charles Taze Russell have to do with anything?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He decided to rewrite the Bible. When FH451 said his greater grandfather wrote it, Russell's name came to mind. I take it you never heard of Russell. Perplexed fellow. Had some strange fixation with pyramids as well, if I recall.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t buy a used car from him and I’m pretty sure they’re not open on Sundays.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post