Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury events in Los Angeles in July

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury events in Los Angeles in July
 Login/Join

posted
July 7 at 1:30 pm: There will be a live recording for radio of "The Toynbee Convector" and "Riabouchuinska" by Ray Bradbury in a show called "A Bradbury Binary." The show is being taped for later bradcast on NPR. It stars Rene Auberjonois ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"), Shelley Long ("Cheers"), Leslie Easterbrook ("Police Academy"), and others. William Windom ("Murder, She Wrote") narrates. Linda Henning ("Petticoat Junction") hosts. The event takes place at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn, 4222 Vineland Avenue, North Hollywood. For tickets to this event, call 213-683-3422. The producing organization is California Artists Radio Theatre.
Beginning July 13: Ray Bradbury is the producer of a new show presented by Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company called "Bradbury: Past, Present, And Future." The show consists of three stories---"A Medicine For Melancholy," "The Day It Rained Forever," and (a West Coast premiere) "Henry The Ninth." Longtime Bradbury artistic associate Charles Rome Smith directs. Len Lesser from "Seinfeld" is among the stars. Ray will be at the July 13 premiere and at as many performances as his schedule permits. The show takes place at the Court Theatre, 722 N. La Cienega Blvd. in Los Angeles and will run through August 17. For ticket information, call Tickets L.A. at 323-655-8587.

[This message has been edited by showbizphil (edited 07-04-2002).]

Posts: 3 | Location: Pasadena, CA, USA | Registered: 02 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Showbizphil for this important information. I am sure that I speak for all of Ray's fans that we appreciate any and all information regarding Ray and his acitivities.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was anyone else at the radio drama recording? It was a lot of fun, and Ray got a standing ovation. The performance, he said, brought him to tears.

Posts: 22 | Location: San Pedro, CA | Registered: 05 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm going to be at the "Bradbury: Past, Present, And Future" opening tonight. Anyone else going to be there?

Posts: 22 | Location: San Pedro, CA | Registered: 05 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I won't be there, but will be jealous. Will you be able to post a brief summary of your reaction to it?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the information on the play! I jumped right on it, and got tickets today for the last performance on Sunday Aug. 04. We were already heading to California (from New Mexico) for San Diego Comic-Con (which, by the way, Ray is appearing at on Saturday Aug. 3rd -- they will be listing that Saturday's schedule this coming Saturday on their site: www.comic-con.org. He may not be at the play on Saturday night, since he will be appearing at the Comic-Con that day.)

Thanks again for letting us all know about the play -- I might not have found out about it otherwise, or worse yet heard about it after the fact and realize that I could have seen it!

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post