Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I am a Free Man!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am a Free Man!
 Login/Join

posted
Today I formally retired. I was fired from my job last week for no just reason--politics. However, after discussing with friends over the week end I decided to take early retirement at age 64 and will have the opportunity to still make some money. Perhaps now I can save some money and head for California to see Ray and the rest of the Board members out there.

I do feel like a free man.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every cloud, as they say, has a silver lining, to trot out a tired cliche.

When next you touch LA, come see me!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cliche (click-ee) is a good word. Good luck Michael and have fun!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually Ray himself doesn't have email. Someone close to him does, but not Ray. See the attched note to me from Ray several years ago.

Sorry, wrong thread.

ImageNote_From_Ray-Email.jpg (44 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Actually Ray himself doesn't have email.

Maybe a few years ago he didn't, but he does now. Of course, he doesn't personally manage it.

He doesn't do keyboards anymore - he works by dictation and fax.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today I formally retired...

Lucky biplane! Now you can go and settle in Florida. Oh, wait a minute...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, you are so right! In fact the 55+ community that we live in is like a resort with a beautiful club house, pool and spa. There is a 900 seat theatre and every fall and winter they bring in acts for only $16.00 or $17.00 a ticket. This fall they have David Brenner, Chubby Checker, and Robert Klein to name a few.

The one I want to see most is Hal Linden. Hal Linden starred in Ray's Mars Is Heaven. I would like to have my photo taken with him and then post it on the board.

So, yes it is nice to be already here. Now I want to go on a cruise and not worry about the air fare getting here.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The one I want to see most is Hal Linden. Hal Linden starred in Ray's Mars Is Heaven. I would like to have my photo taken with him and then post it on the board.

Don't forget to have him sign your Ray Bradbury Theatre DVD - I had Pat Harrington sign mine: "remember you did one of these episodes, Mr Harrington?" "Oh, yeah - it was in New Zealand!"

As 4E said once, "I didn't realise there was an Old Zealand."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug,

Are you saying that Pat Harrington was in one of the segments of the Ray Bradbury Theatre ? If so which one was it, pray tell?

A dozen or so years ago my wife and I and some friends attended a play at the Ordway Theatre In St. Paul, Minnesota and I kept looking at the narrator knowing that I had seen him somewhere before. He was dressed in a suit and that threw me off as I then realized who it was--Pat Harrington, the Super from the show One Day At a Time, and he always had a T-Shirt on with a pack of cigarettes rolled up in one of the sleeves.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you saying that Pat Harrington was in one of the segments of the Ray Bradbury Theatre ? If so which one was it, pray tell?

I am. And your prayers have been answered.

Click for answer.

"Live Forever!"