Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Sound of Thunder Screenshot

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sound of Thunder Screenshot
 Login/Join

posted
Just one picture after a little scrolling.
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16727

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh Jeez - it's got Ben Kingsley in it. What is he these days - the Angel of Movie Death? Well, I guess it could have been worse - it could have featured F. Murray Abraham or Tea Leoni.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beery

Well, I'd say we have at least one unhappy camper here....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the link below, the release date for A SOUND OF THUNDER has been pushed back from April, 2004 to August 20, 2004. Hmmmmm.....
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405972

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 02-03-2004).]

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what they're thinking, Richard. Seems to me that would put it in the summer movie slot where there will be more competition. August isn't exactly set with a complete lineup and there will be more movies moved up or back. There is Hellboy in April which I don't think will go over too well. And there is The Punisher. I doubt it too. The Alamo is a type of Western which usually is a genre that does not go over too well unless they are fabulous although I happen to like them. Then there's Walking Tall which is based on the 1973 "'hicksploitation' drive-in classic." This appears to be a film about a man beating the tar out of guys with a four foot long two by four. All right! I like the sound of that one, Richard! That may be what the Sound of Thunder guys were afraid of.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, when I see studios playing with release dates like this, I always get the feeling they are concerned they have a "box office bomb" on their hands, and are looking for the time of year when the competition is the weakest. I sure hope I'm wrong in this case!

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too hope you are wrong, Richard, but I've often heard that when a movie is pushed back, it's not a good sign. I am so hoping this is not the case and that this movie is a big hit. I see from the movie website that Sly Stallone considered being in this movie. I'm glad he's not. He just would have been wrong for this movie on so many levels. And as for the Walking Tall comments, does anyone besides me remember the original? It was a big hit when I was in high school. I can't imagine what I was thinking going to a movie that had a main character named Buford Pusser. I wonder if the remake will use that name....

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they actually squeezed a "WT II" out of the plot. Now if a remake of such movie can be financed and publicized (seen as a potential summer money maker) -- so where is 451!?

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post