Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help with Thesis

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Thesis
 Login/Join

posted
I need to write a 3,000 word essay for literature class. I picked Ray, and may go with "Social Implications of a Mechanized Society." Ray's stories seem to folow this theme? Can you buffs reccomend short stories (Besides The Murderer) which might support this this topic? I need many, and fast. Can you reccomend a better topic, as it relates to Ray? I MUST contrast The Murderer to his other work. PLEASE HELP!
Thank you very much for your help.

Posts: 1 | Location: Lynnwood, WA | Registered: 23 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had a chance to read The Murderer yet, but I do know that Marionettes, inc. (in THe Illustrated Man) Talks about machines ruling our lives. Also, There Will Come Soft Rains (in The Martian Chronicles) shows how after everyones gone, all of our technologies will still survive. I'm not sure if this one will help, but The City (Also in The Illustrated Man) tells about a city of machines that takes its revenge against humans for the wrongs that our people did to the now extinct people of this distant planet. I hope that this helps!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 26 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post