Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury Theater

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury Theater
 Login/Join

posted
Folks,

Having just read Farewell Summer I'm feeling spirited to enjoy some additional Bradbury offerings. Can anyone tell me if Ray Bradbury Theater episodes are avilable in DVD format somewhere? If so, is it possible to get the entire collection of shows? I remember seeing a great episode with William Shatner about a playground.

Anyone seen my cane?
Blind Henry

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BH, This has come up before. I'm sure the whole RB Theatre series is available. Poke around the archives here...with your cane...if you find it...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's available - I have the entire collection, signed by RB!

I bought mine at a bookstore in Ventura, CA whilst at a Bradbury lecture/signing.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry, if you make your way to this Amazon page you will see that you buy the whole series in a box for around 30USD, or single discs for less.

Of course, you may need someone to describe the episodes to you, being Blind...

And for some background reading, check out my RBT pages!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic is right. This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Ray-Bradbury-Theater/dp/B0007CEXU...492859?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

32$ for the entire 65 episodes. 50c per episode - not a bad deal.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll check out Amazon this weekend. I think it would be lots of fun to challenge my kids to read some of the stories and then "watch" the episodes together from the DVD.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or better yet, watch the episode, and then read the story! It's more satisfying that way.

"Live Forever!"

<Teh Bradbury>
posted
bet you all cant wait for herro winter im getting mine signed

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So speaking of RBT, what is your favorite episode? Least favorite?

I only have the first 26 episodes (but I just ordered the rest thanks to the link above) so here are my reviews based on that: My favorites are "The Screaming Woman", "Marionettes, Inc." and "The Lake." I was really disappointed by "The Veldt" since I love that story and I don't think this espisode did it justice.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Least favorite that I've seen is "Exorcism." They really blew that one.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Coffin - favourite.

As for my least favourite, I'd have to think about that one.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Favourite: either "The Utterly Perfect Murder" or "The Great Wide World Over There".

Least favourite: "Tyrannosaurus Rex" or "The Concrete Mixer".

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post