Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    TALK TO RAY BRADBURY! Feb. 28, '04!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TALK TO RAY BRADBURY! Feb. 28, '04!
 Login/Join

posted
Ray Bradbury appears on the public radio program, "Here on Earth," Saturday, Feburary 28, from 3-4 pm Central Time.
Hear it at http://HereOnEarth.org . Wherever you are in the world, you're invited to listen and to call in with questions and comments!

You can also submit questions and comments ahead of time at the "Here on Earth" forum ( http://portalwisconsin.org/forum ).

Sorry for the late notice.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool.

Nice to see that Bradbury's in good health and able to do an interview!

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, Thanks.
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! I couldn't get to talk to him by phone but I did send in an e-mail, which he answered, and I must say it was an unforgettable experience, WOW! I'm sorry I sound so excited, but I AM, it's so different for someone living so far away from him, to know that maybe I'll never get to talk to him, and this was such a relief! And everything he said was so true and wonderful (as usual)... Well, except maybe his denial that no UFO event ever happened, I cannot agree with him on that, but anyway...
And it's infinitely inspiring to hear a man his age sound so fresh and happy and smart...

Dear Ray, Live forever!

diego.

ps: by the way did anyone get the phone number for buying the interview?

Posts: 13 | Location: buenos aires, argentina | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"ps: by the way did anyone get the phone number for buying the interview?"

If so, please post it for all of us!

Thanks!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The interview has now been posted on their website, in RealAudio
http://www.wpr.org/webcasting/ideas_audioarchives.cfm?Code=hoe

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much, Phil!

diego.

Posts: 13 | Location: buenos aires, argentina | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished listening to the program. Great to hear Mr. Bradbury "right on top of his game!"

I only wish there had been another hour available for the interview.

Thanks, Phil!

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Listened to the interview via the web-address noted.

The interview contained some really interesting stuff from Ray, and especially the hilarious comment about Star Wars. And not a bad interviewer either. She really came up with actually intelligent suppositions for Ray to discuss and answer...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ack..I missed it. It was my birthday too!

<font color=navy>~Melody D.</font>

Posts: 16 | Location: Lancaster, CA, USA | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dion,

you may have missed the chance to talkto Ray, but you can still hear the interview on the website:
http://www.wpr.org/webcasting/ideas_audioarchives.cfm?Code=hoe

Scroll down to 28 February.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post