Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Sound of Thunder movie

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sound of Thunder movie
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone tell me when (or if ever) the movie is coming out?

Posts: 1 | Location: Lakewood, Ohio | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drobar:

Hate to tell you this, but it looks like August, at least according to this website: http://www.movie-source.com/movie_page.asp?movieID=1404

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, himself, told me about two weeks ago that it was going to be out in April. Now unless someone is pulling the wool over his eyes, you'd think that he, of all people, would know when it was going to be released.

He commented that everyone should be pleased to see the movie, but I guess that we can all reserve our opinions until we see it. But you would think that with Ben Kingsley and Edward Burns, it would have to be pretty good.

[This message has been edited by biplane1 (edited 03-03-2005).]

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello This is my first attempt at a message board. I have been a collector, reader and FAN of Mr. Bradbury's works (and the MAN himself, from what I know of him) in every form since I was in Junior High School, Many Many years ago. He has held me in good stead through JR High, High School, University and some Grad school. Plus he makes me feel good when I read most of his stories. I still get a chill when I shake is hand at a signing, and I can relive that feeling every single time I pick up that same book. My girlfriend thinks I have a problem, but I think she is just jealous. In regaurds to A Sound Of Thunder the movie. I took a different approch to finding a relase date for the film. I went to my local Computer Game store and asked when the X Box or other gaming software platform of the movie will be released. I was told I could pre-order the game now for an April 2005 release date. Thank goodness sometimes for movie tie in mechandising.

Posts: 1 | Location: Utica,MI,USA | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RBFAN57

Say, that goes right along with what Ray told me and I would hope to think that he would be privy to some accurate information, after all, he is the MAN.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, what can I say?

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Biplane.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't checked for a few days, but the Moviefone website that comes with AOL gave a December release date. Sounds to me like no one at the studio even knows what's going on.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People at the studio know what's going on. They are in the business to make money. Just because the misc. websites are not updated doesn't require anyone to conclude the studio is stupid.

Posts: 116 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post