Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray@Comic-con July 22

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray@Comic-con July 22
 Login/Join

posted
On Saturday, July 22, Ray will be at Comic-con in the San Diego Convention center. He will be doing a panel with Ray Harryhausen and Forrest Ackerman from 1-2pm, and then autograph signing from 2-3pm.

www.comic-con.org

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Would I love to be at that one! Hope it gets recorded.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark: I'll be there...but tickets for Bradbury event are gone. So, I'll have to scamper for post activities, viz: likely Ray B. and Ray H. getting together for photos. Will post some video, probably on my 'new' website that should be up and running by the 17th, July.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tickets? I've never had to buy a a ticket, I always buy the 4 day pass at Comic-con at the beginning of the year, though. We need tickets, too?

posted Hide Post
fanboy:
Haven't been to a comi -con in years. Believe it's $65. to get in the door. upcoming. If one doesn't buy a ticket, all the tickets to the Bradbury/Harryhausen event must be gone. If not so, clue me in...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I have been every year for the last 15 and you do need a membership to get in but as long as you don’t mind standing in line you can get into the panels that interest you. The hard part is the autographing lines. Now, for some celebrities, they are doing drawings for tickets to be allowed to get something signed. But, they have not done this for Ray yet. I do think some folks waited in Ray’s line for 6 plus hours last year and Ray stayed late to accommodate everyone he could. They could change it to the ticket/lottery this year but that means you still would have a chance. The bad thing about standing in the autograph line is that you miss seeing the panel that Ray, Forry and Ray are on. One more note for anyone attending - Ray likes to cruise the dealers room before his panel. On many occasions I have seen him there and have gotten to say hi.
Patricia

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe they meant tickets for the autograph session or something. Last sure I'm not sure if the lecture hall was even full. We came up kind of late, and we saw the two Rays and Forry Ackerman outside the hall taking promo pictures. We still got a goos seat in the front. I always have to forego the autograph session because it's too much standing in line. I love seeing the lectures. Ray is so awesome.

Thanks for the tip about Ray in the dealer room, Patricia. I'll look around for him before the lecture.