New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
factitious yabbering.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What th... how th... your name, Robo. They've taken your name!!!

It's "TIME" change, not name change.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks, maybe few of you recall how the old board went down. It went down because we got spammed from one particular local overseas, likely started by one poster from overseas. My hunch is leahn is a spammer. She probably has no idea who Bradbury is other than he is some writer. If you read another post of hers about Medicine for Melancholy, you'll find she is clueless. Sounds like she's just playing. Whatever the purpose of her posting, I say, it's time to be wary considering what has recently transpired.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rofl!, grasstains. Change is good. Being a robot left too much to desire in the feelings dept. I still hold Robo dear to my heart along with Fred, Joe, Will, Sam, John, Sybil, WILL THESE VOICES IN MY HEAD NEVER CEASE!? Pins and needles, pins and needles, pins and needles.........SERENITY NOW!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapster, Thanks for the anecdote! Great stuff! Bogey did indeed love sailing. He said he loved acting the most when he was acting and sailing the most when he was sailing.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he was a happy guy. He had some hard times with Mayo but when he met Betty—wow! —life enhancement. I love that woman for the good way she treated him, Just like I love Drew Barymore for her respectful attitude about he grandfather, John. As do I love Betty Davis for what here and John Garfield did for the boys in uniform with the Hollywood Canteen. But oh, that Betty. Yikes!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chap, What the heck are you doing up at 3:39 in the morning? I guess back East, though, it's only after midnight. That's about when I retire, though I don't usually get up 'til 5:30...
I agree about Betty's laudable support of and love for Bogey. Besides being a great actress, she was actually a pretty good torch singer too.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betty "Lauren" & Bogey.
http://www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cp/history/faqs/humphreybogart.html

That was my original reference a while back!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, is that really you? And for you to incorporate the word "murmur" into your board name, WOW! I wished that I had recorded my conversation with Ray that day when I asked him about the word "murmur." In fact I wish that I could record all my calls with him, with his permission of course.

I did record him once, with his knowledge, when I got to cover his short story "The Drummer Boy of Shilo," while substituting an 8th grade Englsih class. The recording was not the best because when I played it for students I had to turn it up when he spoke and turn it down when I did because I taped it on my speaker phone and my voice came through louder.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How can I ask a question??
No one has prevented you from asking a question. So what is your question?

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet your all happy now, knowing that my post was already been edited and the links are gone... ???

---------------------------------------------------

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 8 | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to disappoint you Michael and confuse everyone else, cause I know that's what I'm doing, although not on purpose. I think I'm going through a period of uncertainty right now. I shouldn't have messed with changing my board persona in the first place. Then I didn't really like the second one, it made me think of "dustwitch" for some reason. I was looking through a book earlier, The Dharma Bums by Kerouak. It was about him hitching a train to northern Ca. near Santa Barbara, getting off at night and going way out under the cliffs where the cops couldn't catch him. He had a roaring fire, ate his dinner,drank some wine, waded out into the ocean and looked/contemplated up at the endless expance of the stars. Then he rolled into his blanket, sighed with satisfaction at one of the best nights of his life and went to sleep. In the gray light of early morning, he sniffed the air and gazed at the horizon. He saw all the horizon shift as if a sceneshifter had hurried to put it back in place and make me believe in its reality; and went back to sleep, turning over. (oh, I forgot to mention, the main character is called Ray)

I thought, now I really, really like that. No b.s., good, bad, or ugly, I'm stickin with this handle. Y'all can still call me robo if ya want...

And...yes we are satisfied that the corporate bloodsucking links are gone. Thank You!!! C.S.!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

posted Hide Post
I just stepped out to smoke, and I saw a U.F.O.!

SPAM ALERT!

Gotcha on that didn't I leahn?

posted Hide Post
OH! OH!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
libRArY,

I see you are yet another representative from SoCal, O.C. or Anaheim more specifically. Where abouts in Anaheim? Have you been there long? It's my beloved hometown, that's why I ask. I grew up near the corner of La Palma and Harbor, and attended Anaheim High School and Gilbert Continuation--Class of 84. I also spent a little time in Santa Ana, Corona, and Onterio.

=================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post