Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dead or alive?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dead or alive?
 Login/Join

posted
Is Ray dead yet?

Posts: 6 | Location: USSR, Siberia, | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No he is not Dead, HE is still up, and Kicking. He is living in L.A. scan through other topics on this message board, and you will find news of publications, and projects.

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 01-22-2002).]

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is Ray Bradbury not dead - he is speeding up! Well, you can be forgiven for thinking so. With new short story collections in 1996, again in 1997, another scheduled in April, when in his younger days, he managed only one every six or seven years ... I mean, who do you think is writing them?

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And May He Live Forever!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 20 | Location: Ohio, United States | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having just finished From the Dust Returned (c. 2000), and now re-reading The Martian Chronicles (c. 1950) after many previous encounters, it is quite evident Mr. Bradbury's poetic expression (or as he alludes to it "amazing dream of reality") has not lost a step! His words today still seem to be dancing at his high school prom (in the wonderful company of his wife Maggie, of course!)

Alive, you ask?! His daily routine would put the country's entire working population (especially those half his age) to shame.

Keep up, keep up! He brings his old friends back for visits. They "return" to tell of the best of times, and times to come!

I agree! Mr. Bradbury presently is very busy - or better yet "Happily" - living forever! Amazing...

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 01-24-2002).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for being so ignorant on the subject , but some sites I went to said he was dead, some said he was alive, and some had no clue

[This message has been edited by Onyxdragon (edited 01-30-2002).]

Posts: 6 | Location: USSR, Siberia, | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Onyxdragon, you found the website with the most active Family of Ray Bradbury readers on the net. I just wish we could get some post or newsletter from him or his publishers!!! Although I know he is busy, it would be nice... wink,wink, nudge, nudge,

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 01-30-2002).]

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say n' more!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for allowing me in the "Ray Bradbury Family". Just don't expect me to set the table at meal times !

We are building an army of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our spirits in the traditions of our ancestors. Dr. Klahn has your gratitude.

May you never spontaniously combust... and all that jive...

[This message has been edited by Onyxdragon (edited 02-13-2002).]

posted Hide Post
The most common source of the "Ray is Dead" rumours seems to be avaricious/clueless eBay sellers who hope to reap maximum profit by selling autgoraphed collectibles.

Christos

Posts: 15 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he is very much alive! i had the pleasure of visiting him at his home in late november.
i am amazed at the amount of enthusiasm that he still has about his work. it is really inspirational.

Posts: 15 | Location: florence, al | Registered: 19 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Olwiggum-

Wow! What a wonderful experience. For me, Ray's enthusiasm is a constant source of encouragement and inspiration. Whenever I feel depressed about something in my own life, I often think of his enthusiasm and joy, and soon feel much better. Thank goodness we have him in the world.

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
exactly!
i've been reading bits of "Zen in the Art of Writing" this week. it's wonderful to hear some of those stories (especially the one about the time that he finished writing "The Lake").

Posts: 15 | Location: florence, al | Registered: 19 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there is a picture of him with a promo board for "The Golden Apples of the Sun" on my company's web site.
the link is www.popgunproductions.com
click on "Movies" and then go to the "SadoMannequin" link.
his picture is in the gallery titled "Uncle Forry's 85th Birthday Celebration".