Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Rights for stage adaptation?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rights for stage adaptation?
 Login/Join

posted
I recently read two short story collections, "Quicker than the Eye" and "Driving Blind". Several of these stories struck me as ideal for adaptations as one-act plays and I'd like to inquire about rights.

I know that the rights question has been asked before. Can I assume the information in this thread is up to date and that Susan Ramer at Don Congdon Associates is still the person to ask?
https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...201052572#8201052572

Also, does anyone know if Mr. Bradbury would have any feelings pro or con such an adaptation?
I imagine it would make a difference whether the stories were original to the collections or had been previously published in magazines, correct?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the answers are: yes, yes, and yes!

Frequent poster Doug Spaulding may also have some advice, as he has enquired about rights for adaptations of his own. Where are you, Doug?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Randy --

Send me a private message at pillaroffire@bellsouth.net and I'll fill you in on what I know.

I've adapted two of Ray's stories for the stage ("The Jar" and "The Man Upstairs") and will hopefully be doing another next year.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post