Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the listing of
Questions submitted to Ray Bradbury
go to Page 3 of this Topic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS to everyone who took the time to contribute a question!!

__________________________ Big Grin _________________________

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rocket[QUOTES]Do you still read books? I know, when you were a youth, that you read prolifically at the library. If so, what do you enjoy reading nowadays? If not, was it because you became too busy and when did you stop, if that is the case? I am reading 1984 and several references are made about books being destroyed and eradicated that struck me as being parallel to F-451. Have any contemporary author's influenced you or your writing, if so, who?[/QUOTE]

Nard, reposted from Jan. 23, its on page three under the revisement. Please consider, unless I missed a response, but I don't think I did.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why should I leave certain comments on this thread?

To show that, at best, our answers may have helped win a convert, at worst, we tried. If they don't listen it's their loss.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, I don't get it, who are what are you referring to? I'm lost.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

from WildGravity
(15) Mr. Bradbury, do you think that your books cannot be 100% translated to any language, and the reader should learn English to enjoy your books most deeply?

I didnt ask this question.. I think someone else might have.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Dandelion, I don't get it, who are what are you referring to? I'm lost.

The question that said his books don't sound appealing doesn't belong here, as it is made only to provoke. Since, like many such remarks, it turned into a whole dialogue before I even saw it, I left it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity: Sorry! I checked into that and it is Pavel, from Russia, that posed the question. I'll correct that immediately in the list of questions. Thanks!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, oh yes, your right. I was confused for a sec.

posted Hide Post
If you could change one thing about mankind for the better, what would it be?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfectly fine Nard!

When will we get out answers?

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WildGravity
Talked with Ray earlier today, (Tuesday) and he said he'll
look over the questions that have been posted up to today, and we'll just have to wait on Ray for some answers...

posted Hide Post
_______________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE
Due to upcoming personal commitments, (trip to Phoenix to visit ailing sister) I have to cut short the question and answer postings. So, please get your last minute questions in by the 11th of February, Sunday. That'll give me time to get them over to Ray, hope for quick responses, and post them.
________________________________________________________________________________________

posted Hide Post
I think you missed this so I'm bumping it up, thanks.

rocket[QUOTES]Do you still read books? I know, when you were a youth, that you read prolifically at the library. If so, what do you enjoy reading nowadays? If not, was it because you became too busy and when did you stop, if that is the case? I am reading 1984 and several references are made about books being destroyed and eradicated that struck me as being parallel to F-451. Have any contemporary author's influenced you or your writing, if so, who?[/QUOTE]

Nard, reposted from Jan. 23, its on page three under the revisement. Please consider, unless I missed a response, but I don't think I did[/quote]

posted Hide Post
I hope your sister has a fast recovery. Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
WildGravity
Talked with Ray earlier today, (Tuesday) and he said he'll
look over the questions that have been posted up to today, and we'll just have to wait on Ray for some answers...

*sighs and faints*