Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
That's the one.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. I don't think that production team ever did anything else remotely similar. One of the producers of that, Geoffrey Perkins, was a comedy performer and writer for a number of years, and then became head of comedy (or something like that) for the BBC.

Except for Douglas Adams (who was a science fiction person with a sense of humour), most of the people involved were in it for the comedy rather than the SF or fantasy angle. I believe Douglas Adams did a bit of Dr Who scriptwriting in his time, before he became a bestselling novelist.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stephen Moore - the best Marvin.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31:
Ray's answer about having a meal with...would probably be the same as he answered years ago: George Bernard Shaw. But you never know unless you ask, if the dinner partner has changed.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Ray Bradbury,
What is the last great movie you enjoyed?

How do you picture Iraq in about twenty years?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good question embroiderer!

I'm going to hazard a guess from somewhere I read(probably here)that he really enjoyed the new King Kong. Seems like one of the characters in the movie really resembles a youthful Ray. Great question though and deserves to be answered by the man himself, me thinks.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I'm going to hazard a guess from somewhere I read(probably here)that he really enjoyed the new King Kong.

Yeah - he said ten minutes into the film he loved it. He wept.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very impressed with the Brontasaurus(?)stampede, it was crazy. It's like that at dinnertime here at my house. Gotta say though, whats up with those disgusting carnivorous giant bugs? Was that extra footage from another movie like Alien or something they had laying around on the editing floor. Hate the bugs!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
UPDATE

WildGravity: Well, who is it, T.S. Eliot, or T. Williams

==========================================

Tennessee williams!!!

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tennessee it is!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I have 3 questions. If you cannot take all of them, take the second and third or only third Smiler

1. Mr. Bradbury, don't you think that audio-books or radio adaptations spoil the books. I. e. listening does not gives the same feelings as reading, and you should never listen if you're able to read.

2. Mr. Bradbury, do you think that your books cannot be 100% translated to any language. And reader should learn english to enjoy your books most deeply?

3. Do you appreciate your 'philosophic' stories (such as 'The man' or 'Drink Entire') more that pure fantasy stories ('The jar', 'Skeleton')? Do you consider that some stories are meaningful, some not?

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pavel, welcome back! Haven't seen you around these parts for a while. Those are good questions. I think I know what Ray would say to the first - he LOVES radio drama, and has recorded many audio books himself.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

For the latest UPDATE (Jan 24, 07) of
Questions to be asked Ray Bradbury,
go back to PAGE 3 of this posting,
and check out the updated UPDATE! Yeah!

=======================================================

posted Hide Post
Dear Ray,

I am great admirer of your work especially Fahrenheit 451 as I am a librarian by profession. My question concerns another writer who is a favourite of mine is Arthur Machen, the Welsh writer of decadent fantasy and horror. I notice you depict Arthur Machen in your story The Exiles and mention him in Pillars of Fire. Did Machen have much influence on you and your work? How would you compare him to other writers like Poe and Lovecraft?

By the way this year marks the sixtieth anniversary of Machen’s death, the centenary of the publication of The Hill of Dreams and I am involved in organizing some of the celebrations.

Gwilym

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gwil,

Posts: 1 | Location: Wales | Registered: 25 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
tinkerbell, nice handle, I envision you frittering about on minuscule wings leaving glowing ferry dust everywhere(please clean it up). Alright, stop, I really just wanted to say nice name, so, nice name.

Thank you kind sir. I like your name too. I grow rocket in my herb garden and jolly tasty it is. I hope you meant "flitting" as opposed to "frittering", though I guess the latter would be a more accurate description ...
What's ferry dust??? Is it legal?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tinkerbell,

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post