Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ask rAy brAdbUry A qUEstIOn !
 Login/Join

posted
___________________________________________________________________________________

__________________ THANKS! TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED A QUESTION _______________

___________________ Over 2,500 People looked in! About 30 Questions Asked!
............................................ ~~ We'll likely do this again soon! ~~

______________________________________________________________________________________

....................................... See Link Below for ANSWERS to the QUESTIONS

....__________________________________________________________________________________....

....... Link: . https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/5221022192

....__________________________________________________________________________________....
NOTE: . A new round of Q&A is now in session. Check the Forum under Resources for "PART II: Ask Ray Bradbury a Question". Begun on March 12th, 2007, it's open until the first week of April, 2007.
_______________________________________________________________________________________.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is your favorite Ray Bradbury story and why?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rocket: Ray has answered that one before. All his stories are his favorites, his children, he has said. But you know, I'll ask again. I have heard him remark, however, he is proud of his short story, 'April Witch'.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, that's what I meant, which of his story/children/accomplishment is he most proud of. I didn't know. I wasn't being facetious by the way. Alright, what is Ray's favorite Rolling Stones song? Has he answered that before?? Well???(now, I'm being facetious)

Seriously, where does Mr. Bradbury's musical interest lie? Does he have a favorite group or genre? Does he like music?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone from the forum can anwser this, but I was wondering about his position on religion. After reading a large portion of Conversations with Ray Bradbury I have come to the understanding that Mr. Bradbury has not accepted any specific religion. Perhaps I misinterpreted, but I believe his beliefs are that there is a supreme breing who in fact created humanity, but is not as narrowed as seen in other relgions. I think he believes in a universal god. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps, my age clouds my judgement.

Posts: 63 | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, I have always been intrigued by the idea of an established author writing the lyrics to a song and how they would approach writing them. So my question is whether or not, if asked, would Mr. Bradbury ever collaborate with musicians by contributing words to the lyrics? If so who would he be interested in collaborating with?

Posts: 63 | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
Does he like music?

I think he likes Jolson, but we'll find out!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug.

"I" is a good word.

posted Hide Post
I have a question,

I really enjoyed reading Bradbury's short story, "Pillar of Fire," and I wonder if he still believes that evil/"bad things" are necessary parts of life.

I'm taking a philosophy course right now, and we are talking about things that are inherently good and how they make up a "good" life. Does Mr. Bradbury believe that a truly good life also has to have some truly terrible times in it? Why hasn't anyone else come to this conclusion, or have they?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
___________________________________________________________________________________________
NOTE: If someone's question has already been asked, the answer to the already previously asked question will be posted here. Same for info available on this forum to those questions.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

atroposmar:
Bradbury's early religious experience was with the Baptists. Supposedly he was prayed over as a youngster by woman evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson, in Los Angeles. Later, because of being disillusioned by the fact the world didn't end one afternoon as some members of a religious group had said, he finished drinking his Orange-Crush soda and the last morsels of his picnic lunch he had brought to witness the event, and pretty much said good-bye to fundamental Christianity. Tho his writings may have memories woven into his text of Chrisitanity, he has become a little bit of everything in his thinking. The Unitarian religion, a group that professes to encompass all religions and non-religious peoples, considers Bradbury one of their foremost members.

Much about Bradbury and his religious ideas are found on this forum. Use the search box

posted Hide Post
I think Nard is refering to Aimee Semple McPherson who my own Mother told me about, scandal and all. You can look her up on the link below:

http://www.gospelgrace.com/falseprophets/aimeesemple/aimeesemplemcpherson.html

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that I think of it, Elmer Gantry was likely based on Aimee Semple McPherson's excapades. Also be sure and see the note at the very bottom of the link, a new movie?

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask:

Thanks for that great link. [Funny, I was re-editing the correct spelling on the name while you were posting the correct spelling.... !!!]

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the gracious offer, Nard; it's really a cool thing to do to ask Ray a few questions for us.

This forum is proof that Ray Bradbury fans are an incredibly diverse group. It's obvioius that Ray's appeal spans cultures and countries, speaking through all kinds of human variance in a very elemental way. My question:

Mr. Bradbury, what do you think it is about you and your writing that affects such a broad base of people in such a profound and positive way? And, as always, thanks for altering lives for the better.

If this has been asked/answered somewhere, kindly point me in the direction of Mr. Bradbury's answer. It's hard to think of a question he's probably never been asked. . .

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My question is, Considering his recent health problems, did Mr. Bradbury give up riding a bicycle for good? If so, when? And did he have a favorite model bicycle?

MR DOUG SPAULDING, I am most curious. How did you make your posting right before mine completely disappear as if it never was there?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: embroiderer,

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post