Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Clarisse

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarisse
 Login/Join

posted
I think that Clarisse was banished from the society because the community was affraid of the changes that she could bring. They were scared of the way she thought about things, and how she liked to know "why" we did things now "how".

Posts: 2 | Location: Lemont, IL, US | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel like clarisse was banished from the community for having questioning the society. She had knowledge that they did not want people to be knowing. I feel like since they were affraid of debate and opinions she was like a threat to the society. But I really liked how she gave Montag his flare to want to know what he reads.

Posts: 4 | Location: Lemont, IL. United States | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that Clarisse was a big threat to their society. They thought the only way of stopping her was to get rid of her, so they did it. Without Clarisse, Montag would have probably never questioned whether he should continue working as a fireman. She brought a new perspective into Montag's life. It is hard to believe how a stranger changed his life rather than his own wife. It only took this 17 year old girl to ask one question to change his life forever..."Are you happy?"

Posts: 3 | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarrise was what made this book what it is and is what made Montag question his society. I don't think that Clarrise got hit by a car she and her family were banished and kicked out of the community. I think she is with all of the scholors and that Montag will find her once agian. She will be a big part of the new city because of her views and that she questioned eveything.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, exactly. She would be a big part of the new city even if she DID die or disappear never to be found, because of her great effect on Montag. (I still say she's not dead, just waiting to reemerge. It would be cool if Montag found her all brainwashed and had to deprogram her to her "normal, crazy" self! It would also be cool if the sequel came out about the same time as the new movie--so the movie of the sequel could be filmed with the same cast!)

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post