Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Experiment in Autobiography

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiment in Autobiography
 Login/Join

posted
It would elate me to no end if Ray Bradbury would follow H.G. Wells in writing an autobiography on his life and thoughts. After reading the first 2 pages of Experiment in Autobiography, I knew it would be the most influential book in my life. H.G. wrote of thoughts that most people are afraid to say. If Ray wrote such a piece of literature, it would provide me a missing link to my time as I am in my early twenties and H.G. passed away over 50 years ago. Ray is that evolutionary link, and the only person I can imagine who could undertake and succeed at that task.

Posts: 3 | Location: St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dozens of Bradbury's stories have autobiographical aspects, as does his trilogy of novels, DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS, A GRAVEYARD FOR LUNATICS and GREEN SHADOWS WHITE WHALE. He has also written various essays etc. (eg. 'Drunk, and in charge of a bicycle' - the introduction to THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY) containing brief autobiographical 'snapshots'.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post